IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
D2Kvirus

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by D2Kvirus »

TNA made the classic mistake when they mistook a stupid booking decision for a swerve - it isn't a swerve, it's a stupid booking decision.

And that's just describing Aries' heel turn in the last 30 seconds of the go-home edition of Impact...
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Let's see, they are pushing Jeff Hardy, D-Von, Chavo and RVD now? Yippie! :?
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Spoiler: show
No one watch this anymore.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Not quite sure what's so bad about D-Von. I thought it was a pretty good show overall. Only real downsides were Jeff Hardy winning (and I have to admit he worked just as hard as Aries in that match) and the reality show guy (who it turns out is a trained wrestler, so there's at least an outside chance it won't be completely terrible.)

Edit: Also, according to PWInsider:

THE ACES & EIGHTS LEADER IS.....
By Mike Johnson on 2012-10-15 11:38:07
Not Devon.

A number of readers wrote asking overnight whether last night's reveal at TNA Bound for Glory was meant to state that Devon was the leader of Aces and Eights.

In asking around, I am told he is not the leader of the crew and that there is more to come with the storyline. Last night's PPV was simply a way to explain why they now have access into TNA venues.

So, more to come.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I've been pretty high on TNA this year, since the aces and eight came around, and the A Double push.... Since BFG, i do feel a bit let down by poor decisions. I was convinced Sting was going to turn heel and join Aces and Eights, but maybe that was too obvious. It just seems like Devon doesn't fit, nor the headlining leader the front man should be.

If that wasn't bad enough, i'm a little upset Aries lost the belt, but Jeff Hardy?!? This guy SHOULD have been released a LONG time ago. His actions are inexcusable.

I'm not giving up on TNA but the PPV was very underwhelming.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Impact was pretty meh tonight, it had its moments but none of the storyline segments really stood out, and what wrestling we got was mostly decent but nothing worth going out of your way to see. Definitely not the follow up TNA needed after last week's awesome episode and a good if controversial PPV. If TNA wants to save the Aces and Eights storyline they need to start revealing more members and they need to do it now. Oh, and Jeff Hardy's new belt is fucking stupid.. I hope that doesn't mean he's holding it for awhile. I enjoyed his BFG series work and he certainly held up his end in the match with Aries but he's not the guy to put front and center.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Why on Earth would you watch a meaningless episode of impact on the same night that airs the NLCS, Hawks vs. Niners, and Oregon vs. ASU?
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I don't really watch any team sports. I'll sometimes watch my alma mater, UK, in basketball or football, but usually even then only if it's a tournament or bowl game.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

TNA is back to status quo.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

once again, whenever I give TNA a chance, they muck it up again
ugh
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

TBH i wasn't a TNA fan since they moved to LIVE shows and the all build to DX was kinda MEH IMO. They were great before SM but after that everything was awful.
MOOSE!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

So... just watched the last episode, FR looks awesome. Am I the only one here that thinks TNA are on a roll lately? Turning Point was very good, last week episode was great and this week was maybe the best since they moved to live shows.
MOOSE!
watadam20

Post by watadam20 »

DieHard wrote:So... just watched the last episode, FR looks awesome. Am I the only one here that thinks TNA are on a roll lately? Turning Point was very good, last week episode was great and this week was maybe the best since they moved to live shows.

I think they've been on a roll all year. Pretty much since Lockdown everything has been great. Over the summer they were easily my favourite wrestling company (WWE has been shockingly bad all year and I was pretty disillusioned with everything non-Steen related in ROH at that point). It's not as good at the minute with the whole A&8's thing dragging but there's still enough stuff (Roode, Kaz & Daniels, Aries, Bully Ray all being great, the re-push of Samoa Joe etc.) to keep me enjoying the show. Final Resolution should be good but I can't help but be so excited about Final Battle that I forgot about Final Resolution being this Sunday until I watched this week's Impact.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

TNA has been pretty good over the last few months (when I can watch), The Brooke Hogan/Bully Ray stuff can stop sooner than later, but the rest is entertaining. Plus good matches.

Oh, and Velvet is back. Im a happy guy.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

watadam20 wrote:
DieHard wrote:So... just watched the last episode, FR looks awesome. Am I the only one here that thinks TNA are on a roll lately? Turning Point was very good, last week episode was great and this week was maybe the best since they moved to live shows.

I think they've been on a roll all year. Pretty much since Lockdown everything has been great. Over the summer they were easily my favourite wrestling company (WWE has been shockingly bad all year and I was pretty disillusioned with everything non-Steen related in ROH at that point). It's not as good at the minute with the whole A&8's thing dragging but there's still enough stuff (Roode, Kaz & Daniels, Aries, Bully Ray all being great, the re-push of Samoa Joe etc.) to keep me enjoying the show. Final Resolution should be good but I can't help but be so excited about Final Battle that I forgot about Final Resolution being this Sunday until I watched this week's Impact.
Yeah they are better this year but I wasn't a fan of them in the summer. I really HATE the AAE storyline and thought Aries' reign was bad. Plus, Claire and AJ. C'mon.
MOOSE!
watadam20

Post by watadam20 »

DieHard wrote:
watadam20 wrote:

Yeah they are better this year but I wasn't a fan of them in the summer. I really HATE the AAE storyline and thought Aries' reign was bad. Plus, Claire and AJ. C'mon.
The period from Sacrifice to Hardcore Justice I thought was great. Slammiversary was probably my favourite PPV by any company this year. After Hardcore Justice A&8's started to drag and Aries was lost in the shuffle despite being World Champion. Claire and AJ was bad but lets face it the talent made the best of bad creative-ness. It gave us #WTTCOTW who were (and still are for that matter) fantastic. Evil mastermind apple-tini sipping Christopher Daniels is just awesome, not to mention it actually gave Kazarian a personality, something I've never seen from him before. TNA haven't exactly had much competition this year with ROH and, in particular, WWE being pretty poor but still they've been comfortably the most entertaining company of 2012.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

What the hell happened to Zema Ion's push. The guy could work, cuts a good promo, has charisma, has a great gimmick, and has a neat catchprhase. Ever since losing to Old Man Van Dam, he's been de-pushed for some reason. I shouldn't be surprised. Typical TNA! I'm telling you neither of the big two know how to make stars anymore.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:What the hell happened to Zema Ion's push. The guy could work, cuts a good promo, has charisma, has a great gimmick, and has a neat catchprhase. Ever since losing to Old Man Van Dam, he's been de-pushed for some reason. I shouldn't be surprised. Typical TNA! I'm telling you neither of the big two know how to make stars anymore.
This is just me speculating but it might be do to the fact that Ion's still in college (He goes to West Virginia) and he probably has exams so maybe that's the reason (If he's pushed again in January that might be why) but I'm just making a guess
Smile

Post by Smile »

Unfortunately, TNA only have two hours of TV time per week so some talent will not be used until creative have something specific for them. It's more drastic in the X Division and Knockouts Division simply because they get one segment/match per show every week so you can only use so many wrestlers at a time.

Zema Ion is still someone that TNA really like so expect a huge feud between him and Jesse Sorensen at some point in 2013.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Smile wrote:Zema Ion is still someone that TNA really like so expect a huge feud between him and Jesse Sorensen at some point in 2013.
^Yeah this to, almost forgot about Sorenson. I'm sure he & Ion will have a program once he comes back.