IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
famicommander

Re: IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

Post by famicommander »

Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Sudan, Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco..
You can downplay international television all you want but international deals literally kept Impact alive at more than one point in its existence. Adding TV clearance in 15 new countries is unequivocally a good thing for Impact.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:41 am Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Sudan, Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco..
You can downplay international television all you want but international deals literally kept Impact alive at more than one point in its existence. Adding TV clearance in 15 new countries is unequivocally a good thing for Impact.
Good thing, sure. Doesn’t mean they’re going to be signing big free agents or that it makes them a bigger company here in the US.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Impact should abandon Before the Impact. It just makes Impact feel like a 3 hour bore like Raw.

Instead they should bring back Xplosion and make it a full on B-show. No more relying mostly on recaps and library content. Just make it the Sunday Night Heat to Impact's Raw. Pair it up as a lead-in for Invicta MMA, which has its first show since Anthem bought them tomorrow. Impact+Bellator was very successful in the Spike TV days.

They cranked out over 850 episodes of Xplosion, even more than they have for Impact. It was a mistake to abandon that, and it was a mistake to never push the show in the US. If they had syndicated Xplosion across the US they could have softened the blow of transitioning from weekly PPV to FSN to webcasts to Spike to Destination America to Pop to Pursuit and finally AXS.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:33 pm Impact should abandon Before the Impact. It just makes Impact feel like a 3 hour bore like Raw.

Instead they should bring back Xplosion and make it a full on B-show. No more relying mostly on recaps and library content. Just make it the Sunday Night Heat to Impact's Raw. Pair it up as a lead-in for Invicta MMA, which has its first show since Anthem bought them tomorrow. Impact+Bellator was very successful in the Spike TV days.

They cranked out over 850 episodes of Xplosion, even more than they have for Impact. It was a mistake to abandon that, and it was a mistake to never push the show in the US. If they had syndicated Xplosion across the US they could have softened the blow of transitioning from weekly PPV to FSN to webcasts to Spike to Destination America to Pop to Pursuit and finally AXS.
Yeah. When I was a big Impact fan, I too thought they missed the boat on Xplosion. If a bunch of stations are willing to carry CWFH, there’s no way they couldn’t have aired Xplosion instead. My dream B Show has a few matches, quick recaps, and like 60% of a good old match to try and sell DVDs or streaming service.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:01 pm
famicommander wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:33 pm Impact should abandon Before the Impact. It just makes Impact feel like a 3 hour bore like Raw.

Yeah. When I was a big Impact fan, I too thought they missed the boat on Xplosion. If a bunch of stations are willing to carry CWFH, there’s no way they couldn’t have aired Xplosion instead. My dream B Show has a few matches, quick recaps, and like 60% of a good old match to try and sell DVDs or streaming service.
I think the recaps and legacy stuff is better for a web show like Week By Week. Considering Impact's online presence it's odd they don't have any recurring web shows.

I think the B show should be, as much as possible, more of the same as the A show. It's just on a different night so it doesn't drag.

It also solves a lot of logistical issues as far as taping. If you tape one episode per week of Impact, that's only two hours and it's not enough for fans to feel like their ticket price is worth it. If you tape two episodes or even three or four, it becomes a chore to sit through. I think the sweet spot for a normal wrestling card is three hours. The two hour A-show and the one hour B-show gets you there, accounting for some time lost due to commercials and some gained due to dark matches or web matches.

It also lets you do a double shot weekend taping. For instance, a three hour show in Philly one night and a three hour show in NY the next to tape your television for a couple weeks. Or the same format for a go-home week of television one night and then an Impact Plus/Honor Club special or PPV as the case may be the next night. ROH has had a similar issue taping four one-hour episodes or more at a time. By the end of it people are tired.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I hate cash-in style matches but I'm always glad to see Rhino get a title reign.

1X ECW World Heavyweight Champion (final)
2X ECW World Television Champion (final)
1X WCW United States Champion (WWF version)
3X WWF Hardcore Chamion
1X WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champion (inaugural)
1X NWA-TNA World Heavyweight Champion
1X Impact World Tag Team Champion (current)
1X DDT Ironman Heavywetalweight Champion (joke title, but what the hell)

Joe Doering also gets his first title reign outside Japan after 13 years in AJPW:
2X AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion
4X AJPW World Tag Team Champion
1X Impact World Tag Team Champion
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Fans are back for Slammiversary.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Impact has to send their top guy to someone else's venue so he can eat a clean pin in the main event of their own show for their own world title.

The rest of the Impact event will take place at the Impact Zone, but the main event is at Daily's in Jacksonville.

What the hell kind of sense does any of this shit make? Impact needs to cut ties immediately. This is so absurdly stupid.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Impact pre-Against All Odds: 124,000 viewers
Impact post-Against All Odds: 111,000 viewers
Main event: Kenny pinning Moose

Impact pre-Rebellion: 145,000 viewers
Impact post-Rebellion: 120,000 viewers
Main event: Kenny squashing Swann for the belts

Hmm, it's almost like Impact fans change the channel when another promotion's champion pins their top guy...
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well this is working out great for impact ratings… lol 😂
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:36 am Impact pre-Against All Odds: 124,000 viewers
Impact post-Against All Odds: 111,000 viewers
Main event: Kenny pinning Moose

Impact pre-Rebellion: 145,000 viewers
Impact post-Rebellion: 120,000 viewers
Main event: Kenny squashing Swann for the belts

Hmm, it's almost like Impact fans change the channel when another promotion's champion pins their top guy...
As an Impact fan, I can't wait for this storyline to be over. I have not enjoyed Kenny Omega being on Impact in months.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Maybe Omega is not the draw everyone thinks he is?? Maybe if Randy Orton or Cody came in and beat Moose and Swann ratings would be different?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Ratings would be higher with those two because those two are bigger stars (especially Orton) but it would still be harmful to Impact in the balance.

It's bad enough to build your whole promotion around one act when that act is signed to your promotion (see: ROH in the last few years of the Young Bucks run there, WWE in the Super Cena era). But when you're building your whole promotion around someone who works for someone else's promotion and has no intention of putting anybody in your own promotion over until after someone from his home promotion has already taken away all his heat? That's just silly.

If Randy Orton did come in, especially as WWE champion, we all know there is a 0% chance an Impact guy would get a pin on him to get their own belt back. Even Kenny is a big enough star to hold their belt hostage.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Impact by the numbers since the AEW relationship began in late December:

2020 average: 154,000

January-February 2021: 166,875
March-April 2021: 139,279
May-June 2021: 121,625
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:08 am Impact by the numbers since the AEW relationship began in late December:

2020 average: 154,000

January-February 2021: 166,875
March-April 2021: 139,279
May-June 2021: 121,625
What is the YoY %, keeping in mind the same YoY % of decline in cable/satellite viewership? Also, the pandemic is largely over, and TV viewing will likely go down, along with the usual summer slump because people are out of their house more.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Mavsfan41 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:27 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:03 pm Im not saying roh is perfect far far from but they seem to trying to improve and every time i memtion that its met with the same reaction that roh is not good or anthem cares about impact then sinclair about roh my point is no matter what roh does it can never meet fans over there approval
It’s an Impact site just like this is an ROH one. You’re not exactly praising Impact here are you? So don’t trot out your tired material of everyone there hates on ROH.

That’s not remotely true. What gets hated on is you crapping on Impact, and talking ROH up like they’re the number one promotion in the US.

As far as “following you here” goes look at the date under my name. I was here years before you arrived. But nice try.
when did you get uninterested in impact asylum and the company
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:49 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:03 pm Im not saying roh is perfect far far from but they seem to trying to improve and every time i memtion that its met with the same reaction that roh is not good or anthem cares about impact then sinclair about roh my point is no matter what roh does it can never meet fans over there approval
It’s an Impact site just like this is an ROH one. You’re not exactly praising Impact here are you? So don’t trot out your tired material of everyone there hates on ROH.

That’s not remotely true. What gets hated on is you crapping on Impact, and talking ROH up like they’re the number one promotion in the US.

As far as “following you here” goes look at the date under my name. I was here years before you arrived. But nice try.
I got uninterested in Asylum a few months ago. It’s the same two dimwits posting stuff all the time and kissing up to while pretending to be mods (Darryn and Uncle Ivan). Both of them are just as clueless as I tend to say you are. Then the actual MODs let Uncle Ivan have a go at all of them individually yesterday without doing a damn thing about it. Yet if anyone else did it they’d get permanently banned (like you were).

The company I’m still interested in. I said in another topic here that ROH is better at the moment, and it’s true. Impact isn’t making good use of most of their talents, and I’m beyond sick of seeing Sami Callihan main event shows. They treat him like he’s this generations Mick Foley when the slob wouldn’t even be able to lace Foley’s boots. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I’d rather watch PCO than Callihan.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Mavsfan41 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:22 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:49 pm

I got uninterested in Asylum a few months ago. It’s the same two dimwits posting stuff all the time and kissing up to while pretending to be mods (Darryn and Uncle Ivan). Both of them are just as clueless as I tend to say you are. Then the actual MODs let Uncle Ivan have a go at all of them individually yesterday without doing a damn thing about it. Yet if anyone else did it they’d get permanently banned (like you were).

The company I’m still interested in. I said in another topic here that ROH is better at the moment, and it’s true. Impact isn’t making good use of most of their talents, and I’m beyond sick of seeing Sami Callihan main event shows. They treat him like he’s this generations Mick Foley when the slob wouldn’t even be able to lace Foley’s boots. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I’d rather watch PCO than Callihan.
there is favoritism on asylum and im tired of people tearing down every product not impact on there and I don't care for most of impact roster or what they find humorous like swinger palace
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:34 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:49 pm when did you get uninterested in impact asylum and the company

there is favoritism on asylum and im tired of people tearing down every product not impact on there and I don't care for most of impact roster or what they find humorous like swinger palace
There’s favoritism everywhere on the Internet, but especially on that site. As for people tearing down every product that’s not totally accurate. They do have AEW stans there.

On the subject of Impact Wrestling as a company I’ll agree that Swingers Palace isn’t great. I also didn’t care for WrestleHouse before that. Their roster isn’t bad IMO, but they don’t really push many guys to the top of the card. Even with Kenny Omega it’s always some combination of Kenny, Sami Callihan, Moose, and Eddie Edwards. I love Eddie, but it’s about time they make a new star. I’d enjoy seeing Chris Bey or Ace Austin have a match against Kenny. Not that they’d get the belt, but it would establish them better.

I also find their women’s division to be beyond stale. I’m a Deonna fan, but I’m overseeing her against Su and Jordynne all the time.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Mavsfan41 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:29 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:34 pm

There’s favoritism everywhere on the Internet, but especially on that site. As for people tearing down every product that’s not totally accurate. They do have AEW stans there.

On the subject of Impact Wrestling as a company I’ll agree that Swingers Palace isn’t great. I also didn’t care for WrestleHouse before that. Their roster isn’t bad IMO, but they don’t really push many guys to the top of the card. Even with Kenny Omega it’s always some combination of Kenny, Sami Callihan, Moose, and Eddie Edwards. I love Eddie, but it’s about time they make a new star. I’d enjoy seeing Chris Bey or Ace Austin have a match against Kenny. Not that they’d get the belt, but it would establish them better.

I also find their women’s division to be beyond stale. I’m a Deonna fan, but I’m overseeing her against Su and Jordynne all the time.
Let's not forget the slammiversary card which looks mediocre at best