IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer:
Very sorry to report that Live Audio Wrestling has been canceled and John Pollock and Jason Agnew were let go by The Fight Network. It's sad that the Impact acquisition has devastated Anthem's television network, first losing Robin Black and now Pollock, who is the total real deal as a reporter. I've been doing that show every weekend for 19 years and have enjoyed it greatly. John, Jason and Dan Lovranski have been great to work with and I wish the best to all of them.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Anthem should just rebrand the company to LOL.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Jimmy Jacobs made his debut tonight and also has creative input.

He apparently hasn’t signed a TNA contract and is said to be “non-committal.”
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wouldn't commit to the product they put out there tonight.

The best thing that can be said about it was that at least it didn't take like 58 hours or however long Wrestlemania is to be an utter disappointment. They got it done in a neat three hours.

It was pretty much a Triplemania tier trainwreck.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They're paying people to attend the TV tapings:
http://wrestlingnews.co/impact-wrestlin ... v-tapings/
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

So they have to ask fans to set up the ring for free while they pay other fans to watch the show?

And somehow these people have a UK TV deal while ROH and NJPW don't?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:38 pm So they have to ask fans to set up the ring for free while they pay other fans to watch the show?

And somehow these people have a UK TV deal while ROH and NJPW don't?
I wouldn't worry about that deal. They are probably paying, not getting paid, for the UK deal.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Meltzer has referenced the UK TV deal being one of their only sources of income multiple times. It's not as big as the Indian deal they have by a long shot, but they're apparently making more there than they are from the ad revenue split on Pop by a long shot.

Accoring to web stats ( https://www.similarweb.com/website/rohw ... m#overview ) the UK accounted for almost 10% of traffic to rohwrestling.com. They have deals in Canada, Portugal, and India but not the country that is the second biggest driver of traffic to their website.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:42 pm Meltzer has referenced the UK TV deal being one of their only sources of income multiple times. It's not as big as the Indian deal they have by a long shot, but they're apparently making more there than they are from the ad revenue split on Pop by a long shot.

Accoring to web stats ( https://www.similarweb.com/website/rohw ... m#overview ) the UK accounted for almost 10% of traffic to rohwrestling.com. They have deals in Canada, Portugal, and India but not the country that is the second biggest driver of traffic to their website.
Thanks man. I sincerely appreciate the info. My response was more of a play on your post more than anything. I am shocked that they are getting paid what they are for the UK deal.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Bound for Glory had 650 people in attendance.

All of them were told that they could use their ticket stubs to get into the subsequent TV tapings for free.

And there were additional comps.

And they paid 50-75 people $50 each to come to the shows

And yet, they still only drew 350 each to the first two nights of TV tapings.

Over 700 people had free tickets or were being paid to go, and they still could only draw 350.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

reminds me of ROH in Lowell. giving away tickets to anyone who was breathing for the tv tapings.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

161,000 viewers for Impact on Pop this week.

That's the lowest viewership in Impact history, including holiday episodes.
TNAmarkFrmIndia

Post by TNAmarkFrmIndia »

Don Callis trying to book NJPW talent on Impact, Brian Cage in talks for coming in.
- Corrections from last week's Observer: Don Callis is 50, not 53. He also made the decision to not bring back Bruce Prichard, they have heat with each other stemming after Callis believed it was Prichard who got him fired from WWF in early 1999 after Prichard went to management and accused him of getting over at the expense of talent.

- In their recruiting of new talent, Impact is really pushing the "You can keep your IP and work for a lot of other places at the same time" aspect, Impact's idea with this pitch is hot young talent will see Impact as a place they can build their names up rather than a place where guys with buzz sign with and immediately cool off as has happened few times in the past. Callis told them out straight, you need to stop acting like WWE if you're not in a position to compete.

- Sounds like the next major non-One Night Only PPV for Impact will be April 22.

- Expect to see Impact and AAA working closer together now. Don Callis will try to see if he can book New Japan's "key foreign stars" in some cases that would require Impact not just getting a deal with New Japan, but with ROH as well which seems to be ongoing.

- Impact has talked to Brian Cage about coming in. New Japan has also had interest in Cage since he had a great match with Katsuhiko Nakajima in NOAH.
Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Kenny Omega on Impact?
A listener asked whether Kenny Omega could appear in Impact since Don Callis has the opportunity to form a partnership with New Japan and Ring of Honor. While being signed as an executive vice president of Impact Wrestling, Callis also serves as an English commentator for New Japan Pro Wrestling, alongside Kevin Kelly. Moreover, ROH has a partnership with New Japan, and have been featured on the Wrestle Kingdom pay-per-views for the past two years.

When asked the question, Bryan Alvarez stated that it is certainly a possibility that Omega could show up in Impact. If this were to occur, it could very well shake up the company for the better, especially since the company is now based out of Canada, and “The Cleaner” is Canadian. It would be an easy transition to revolve the company around him.
Wrestling Observer Live
Athleticgeek89

Post by Athleticgeek89 »

I’ve been wondering since Callis is with TNA and also does commentary for NJPW if NJPW will slowly being to co-promote and have a talent exhancenwith TNA rather than ROH
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

There's no way they drop ROH for Impact. It's possible they take pity and let Impact join their little alliance, but unlikely considering Impact intends to keep working with AAA and NOAH.

ROH and NJPW work with CMLL

CMLL and AAA hate each other
NJPW and NOAH hate each other
ROH hates Impact

Too much politics. CMLL and ROH offer way more to NJPW than Impact ever could and NJPW isn't going to throw away productive relationships for one with a dying promotion like Impact.
TNAmarkFrmIndia

Don Callis was on the Killing The Town podcast on the Jericho Network and spoke about the upcoming Impact Wrestling tapings in Orlando. You can listen to the podcast here.
Heading down to Orlando, looking forward to meeting all the top talent that's on the roster, and yeah, that's coming up. So it's busy. I mean, it was busy going over for match sheets and what not over the flight from Tokyo when I wasn't sleeping because I was exhausted from spending 4 days with our man Chris Jericho. So pretty pumped about that, pretty pumped about some of the changes that Scott and I and the rest of the folks there are looking to make and it's going to be a process. We're not going to change every last single thing on the first show. But there's a long term vision and hopefully people will enjoy the ride. The good news, ratings are way up, we're 310,000 viewers this week so that was good news. So hopefully that continues and people give the show a try and hang in there with us because I think there's going to be lots of fun stuff to do. It's like when Mike Babcock took over the Maple Leafs, he made the comment, "Look, it's not all going to change in one game or in 10 games. It's not going to happen overnight. You've got to build the foundation and you've got to set the table." So that's what we're doing.
TNAmarkFrmIndia

Don Callis ain't a fan of six sides.