IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Ladrao12

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by Ladrao12 »

This is only remotely interesting because of Lee, Myers and Black, who I all like.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Are you fucking shitting me?

Observer:
The situation regarding MVP is that TNA actually fired him over the Hernandez situation. Although we had heard he was thinking of leaving before he was fired, the decision was definitely made by TNA. He took the heat internally since it was his idea to bring Hernandez in. Shouldn’t it be the lawyers who are there to figure out if a guy has a release and if TNA can legally sign him, not the talent or somebody coming up with the creative?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:Are you fucking shitting me?

Observer:
The situation regarding MVP is that TNA actually fired him over the Hernandez situation. Although we had heard he was thinking of leaving before he was fired, the decision was definitely made by TNA. He took the heat internally since it was his idea to bring Hernandez in. Shouldn’t it be the lawyers who are there to figure out if a guy has a release and if TNA can legally sign him, not the talent or somebody coming up with the creative?
Boy, if TNA had used this kind of ingenuity in the product instead of behind the scenes, they would have had something interesting. What kind of clusterfuck incident will reel its' head next? Stay tuned...
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Let the hype begin motherfuckers.

jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Hmm, I would've put a little more of Dixie and JJ on the poster personally. Maybe leave out all the wrestlers and just put them on it. It's what's best for bussiness.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:Let the hype begin motherfuckers.

I am willing to bet my life that, in no way shape or form, will this feud between TNA and GFW will even come within a light year of matching the ROH/CZW feud.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Generally not a good sign when your poster has two ex-midcard wwe guys as the centerpiece of their respective sides. The overall amount of ex-wwe talent featured makes the whole thing look incredibly bush league. Is there anyone that is just dying to see a Chris Masters match in 2015?
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I miss the days when I would actually be a fan of this company. Sigh.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Put it this way: When I heard abut the upcoming GFW angle, I stopped watching TNA.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Ironically, my interest level quickly died after I went to the London show and thought it was pretty great. Also the Dollhouse and nothing feeling important or worth my time, although I'm feeling the same way about ROH and NXT right now.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Caught Lee/Myers vs. The Wolves on Impact the other night, really dug it, everything else pretty much stunk.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

good to hear, ive been wanting to see that match.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

AndyDiaz wrote:Caught Lee/Myers vs. The Wolves on Impact the other night, really dug it, everything else pretty much stunk.
yeah that was a good match

who even is PJ Black? big stuff to have him against EC3 when not really many people seemed to know who he was at all. Was sure they'd go with Masters....Mordetzsky...Adonis, whatever

e: oh, he's fucking Justin Gabriel, lol
ryanraze

Post by ryanraze »

Very true story. They let the guys actually work
ryanraze

Post by ryanraze »

IchaelMelgin wrote:
AndyDiaz wrote:Caught Lee/Myers vs. The Wolves on Impact the other night, really dug it, everything else pretty much stunk.
yeah that was a good match

who even is PJ Black? big stuff to have him against EC3 when not really many people seemed to know who he was at all. Was sure they'd go with Masters....Mordetzsky...Adonis, whatever

e: oh, he's fucking Justin Gabriel, lol
I haven't been too impressed with Black thus far, but I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly. The guy has a hell of a story though.
ryanraze

Post by ryanraze »

I'm amazed at how quicklie Trevor Lee has risen through the wrestling world. I remember his debut in PWG and believing he had a number of intangibles. I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Don't care for Trevor Lee (save his mushroom stomp and giant toss suplexes).
I am cosmetically pleasing.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
For TNA, Impact averaged 336,000 viewers for the 9 p.m. show and 82,000 viewers for the midnight show. In comparison, TNA was averaging 1.12 million viewers in June of last year. So the first-run show decline was 70 percent. If you include the replay showing the decline is 62.7 percent. Destination America is in 38.8 percent fewer homes than Spike, so all things being equal, the decline should be 38.8 percent and they should be doing 685,000 viewers combining the two shows if they had maintained the same level of popularity.
While this deal is not finalized, talent has been told, as have the TV people about a late year tour of India. The idea would be to go to India and tape television built around Mahabili Sheera as the conquering hero in the Dara Singh mode, which explains the big Sheera push. The original plan was for November.

Right now nobody has been told officially that they will be doing TV after Bound for Glory. Right now, as far as the talent knows, and as far as confirmed dates with TV people, there are ten house shows between 9/17 to 11/1, and the January U.K. tour. The TV people know about the possibility of India because the TV people are true independent contractors and a lot of them work other sports and need to get their schedule down or they won’t be available. The wrestlers are essentially on call in the sense they also can make other bookings, but they have to cancel if TNA needs them.

The story of Jeff and Jerry Jarrett making up six weeks earlier, as told in the Hall of fame ceremony, was legit. It had been years since they talked, to the point Jerry hadn’t seen his granddaughters nor even attended his daughter-in-laws funeral. And they really did have a falling out over TNA, with Jerry thinking that Jeff chose Vince Russo to listen to above him, with Jerry thinking about his decades of success in wrestling and his all-around psychology knowledge vs. that of Russo. The Dixie Carter story about her being in her mid-20s and meeting Jeff Jarrett in Dallas, which would have been during the period when Jerry Jarrett was running World Class and Jeff was working Friday nights and Saturday mornings at the Sportatorium, was also true. They did meet at the apartment complex she lived at about 25 or so years ago, before meeting again in 2002 when Jeff hired Dixie’s public relations company in Nashville when they opened the promotion, with no knowledge at all that Dixie came from a wealthy family.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
There's a lot of uncertainty because they still haven't announced any new TV tapings with the current set of tapings running through the end of September, which at this point is just over a month away. Plus, nobody has made any kind of announcement over whether they're staying on Destination America or not, and most figured the uncertainty if nothing else would be over by the end of August.