IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
lariat_tubman

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by lariat_tubman »

Ladrao12 wrote:I really feel like TNA not getting Heyman is up there as one of the worst decisions, or things that did not happen for them.
I think it would have helped but I don't see him being there putting them in a different position then they are now. I'm sure creatively he'd be a gold mine but creative isn't what is killing TNA and I don't know how business savvy Heyman is *cough* ECW *cough*
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Maybe. TNA was certainly in a different place when they were talking with Heyman, and it could have changed their course for years to come. I imagine that Heyman could have gotten a lot of talent to sign with TNA, as I can't see just Danielson seeing the genius in Heyman. But. we'll chalk this up as a "what if".
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The story last week regarding working with AO1 productions going forward was a lot bigger than it was made out to be. The new production people were brought in and while not all, but many of the former production people were let go. The people who were let go were the ones the most vocal about complaining about being paid late.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

supersonic wrote:Observer:
The story last week regarding working with AO1 productions going forward was a lot bigger than it was made out to be. The new production people were brought in and while not all, but many of the former production people were let go. The people who were let go were the ones the most vocal about complaining about being paid late.
Disgusting. At this point I wish nothing but failure upon the management of this company
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BigTChamp wrote:
supersonic wrote:Observer:
Disgusting. At this point I wish nothing but failure upon the management of this company
If you have a wish, I think you'd be better off saving it since that's going to happen anyway. :)
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

ANOTHER MAJOR NAME GONE FROM TNA
By Mike Johnson on 2015-07-24 11:05:52

Bully Ray, who JUST returned to TNA TV as the new GM brought in by Dixie Carter, is already gone from the company.

Ray hasn't been at any of the TV Tapings that are currently being held in Orlando, Florida (where he lives) and when people started asking where he was (since he lives locally in the area and the Team 3D Wrestling Academy is located there as well), word began making the rounds that he was gone.

The story I heard this morning is that Ray told the company he was done as he wasn't happy with the current state of affairs of the company and felt it was better to distance himself. Obviously, he was working on a per appearance deal and wasn't under contract.

Nonetheless, it has to be seen as a negative when TNA spends an entire week building up his return on TV and then he almost immediately quits the company. How they will handle his departure from a creative standpoint remains to be seen.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

I don't like a lot of what TNA is doing, but man, Bully Ray just seems lame.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

He is, but Dixie and Big John are just as dumb to bring back a guy who pushed his own agenda on the way out last year (the Bullet Club thing at BFG) and is obviously trying to get back in the WWE and/or NXT for months now.

But hey, one more line on the #LOLTNA page.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

TNA explained in two tweets (Spoilers from the ??? TV Tapings inside)
Spoiler: show
Jacob Cohen ‏@MrJacobCohen
Scoop #16: "The Man" Jessie Godderz beat Micah
Scoop #17: Jessie Godderz is going to the finals of the tournament, but at Genesis he has to face Al Snow in an Elevation X Match
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Late 2015 Al Snow in a marquee match is what will truly save this company from extinction.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Are they really doing AL SNOW vs. JESSE GODDERZ IN A SCAFFOLD MATCH?! That sounds SOOOOO TERRIBLE!
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Those tapings sound like a huge mess so far.
They had another qualification match (I suppose anyway) between Tigre Uno and Gail Kim of all people with the winner facing ABYSS in a BARBED WIRE MASSACRE at that Genesis show, which I assume is going to be a ONO.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

To the WTF TNA? list:
Jacob Cohen
‏@MrJacobCohen
Scoop #23: Chris Melendez wants a rematch with EY, EY will only accept if he puts his leg on the line, Melendez agrees
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Also of note, it seems like that they FINALLY started the GFW Invasion Angle tonight. From what I've seen tweeted, Jeff & Karen Jarrett, PJ Black, Chris Masters, Trevor Lee, Brian Myers, Sonjay Dutt & Lei'd Tapa were representing GFW.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Thelone wrote:Those tapings sound like a huge mess so far.
They had another qualification match (I suppose anyway) between Tigre Uno and Gail Kim of all people with the winner facing ABYSS in a BARBED WIRE MASSACRE at that Genesis show, which I assume is going to be a ONO.
What the fuck am I reading?
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

From reading these spoilers I can only assume they've just given up completely lol. Although I would not be surprised in the least if this was supposed to be quality.
Smile

Post by Smile »

Those Genesis spoilers are an inside joke. Not real.

Oh and this:

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

poor ciampa..
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Credit to Jacob Cohen on Twitter:
The Jarrett's are the new Authority Figures in TNA. Brian Myers & Trevor Lee won the TNA World Tag Team Titles after they attacked The Wolves and used the Feast or Fired Briefcase that Magnus (now part of GFW) won back at TNA's TV Tapings in NYC in January (which Sonjay Dutt is holding in the 2nd Photo).

PJ Black won the vacant King of the Mountain Title (I believe) at the Monday Tapings, but lost it last night to Bobby Roode (I'm guessing that match took place after that second photo, as PJ Black is holding the title).

Lastly, there is apparently going to be a Lethal Lockdown Match, either at tonight's Tapings or sometime in the future (Maybe at Bound For Glory, but knowing TNA, they'll throw it on TV to try to pop a rating. It'll be Team TNA (Lashley, Drew Galloway & The Wolves) vs. Team GFW (the participants haven't been announced). Jeff Jarrett & Dixie Carter put both of their shares in TNA on the line, so it's Winner Takes All).