IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
dark patriot

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by dark patriot »

ZTStyles wrote:"Expand to emerging platforms?"

What are they going to do? Try and go digital in the U.S. (Netflix or Hulu) and remain on TV internationally?

Actually, now that I think about it, something like that may be an option for them as streaming services look to add more and more original content.

yeah a buddy of mine has been pushing the belief that TNA should do that.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
In a real surprise, Andy Barton, the company's longtime Executive Vice President, left the company. He has been one of the key people in the company from the time Panda purchased it from the Jarretts. It's hard explain how big a deal this is. Barton was by far, the closest person in the company to Dixie Carter. He's been one of the major executives in the company and the longest lasting, having been there since 2002, and was considered the No. 2 guy of late. He's been with the company since the Carter family purchased majority interest from Jeff & Jerry Jarrett, and before that, worked with Carter at her publicity company, Trifecta Entertainment, since 1996. Within the company, his leaving was taken as a gigantic move, and not in a good way. The term "rats jumping off a sinking ship" is being used regularly of late with the departures from the company, and this was described as "the biggest, fattest rat jumping off."

His position looks to be filled by Eric Sherman, who has been brought in as Chief Strategy Officer. Sherman's background includes having overseen VH 1 Classic, VH 1 Soul and Palladia as well as President of Fuse TV and CEO of the Veria Living Channel. Sherman's role is to develop, coordinate and oversee implementation of global strategic initiatives for the company.
The feeling is that the production people, who haven't been paid yet for the May tapings, will be paid as promised after 7/15, because of the fear they won't come in for the 7/22 tapings. After that, it's anyone's guess what happens because they are taping so much in a short period of time, and it could be October or November until they tape again, or even longer if they lose U.S. TV and do what they did last year with filling weeks with "Best of" shows.
One thing regarding the GFW interpromotional feud angle, a lot of people are negative about it thinking it won't work. And in a company whose business is mostly ratings, the first week was a terrible blow. But as far as keeping the TV deal as is, this is Hail Mary time and you have to try. The big question that is unanswered is if DA doesn't change its mind about cancellation, does DA want them off the air so they have the time slot for their own programming in the fall, or would they accept a deal, like they have with ROH, for maybe an hour or two hours, where the programming is provided for free. If TNA has no other TV options, it at least keeps them alive in the U.S. The slashing costs and not signing talent whose contracts are up are lowing overhead. The ROH precedent makes you think it's possible. The negative is if word gets out that TNA is providing programming for free, it'll become even harder to get anyone to pay for it, and DA will probably never pay for it again. But with time running out, it is a scenario that keeps the perception of them as a living breathing television wrestling promotion in the U.S. alive.

For Jarrett, he's got to do whatever he can for attention and this has at least gotten attention, and it gives him access to some good talent which is in a new setting. Remember, A.J. Styles couldn't draw at all with the TNA brand, and then he left and was headlining to far bigger houses in most places he went, and that was happening even before New Japan made him IWGP champion.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

yeah thats what i was worried about as soon as ROH went on DA. why pay TNA for programming when you get it for free from ROH? TNA can either get a lot less than they do now or nothing at all.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

dark patriot wrote:yeah thats what i was worried about as soon as ROH went on DA. why pay TNA for programming when you get it for free from ROH? TNA can either get a lot less than they do now or nothing at all.
House of Hardcore did the same thing on Fight Network as well, though. So the example was set even before DA went with the ROH alternative.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

I don't think ROH provides programming for free to DA. I'm pretty sure DA does pay for it. But nowhere near as much as they do for a program they help produce like TNA.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

But... what's the point to keep them for far less or for nothing at all ?
They already can't pay their employees in time and the TV show is probably one of their biggest revenue outside of Panda Energy money.
On the other hand, ROH doesn't even need D.A.
ImageImage
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

I never said DA should keep TNA around for less money or for free. I'm firmly in team ROH over team TNA
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I have a special surprise for when this federation is officially deceased.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/ite ... On-Twitter
Business partners may be dumping Trump in the wake of his latest controversy, but “the Donald” does have one offer on the table. Luchador and TNA X-Division Champion Tigre Uno, who resides in Tijuana, Mexico, has had enough of Donald Trump and he is not going to take it! Following days of wall-to-wall media coverage on Trump’s anti-immigrant comments about Mexicans, Tigre Uno is fed up and is standing up for the heritage and people of the nation he proudly represents each week on IMPACT WRESTLING, which airs Wednesdays at 9/8c on Destination America.
In a series of tweets last night, the magnanimous Mexican wrestling icon shared that he is fighting mad about Trump’s incendiary remarks against Mexican people.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote:I have a special surprise for when this federation is officially deceased.
I eagerly await seeing this surprise in about three months.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote:
supersonic wrote:I have a special surprise for when this federation is officially deceased.
I eagerly await seeing this surprise in about three months.
As do I.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Fun times at TNA!!

Hernandez was surprisingly brought back earlier this year.

Hernandez told TNA he was out of his contract with Lucha Underground and was free to wrestle for them.

Hernandez lied to TNA about all of that.

TNA tried to avoid legal stuff from LU and offered to pay them for use of Hernandez, as he was still under contract.

LU won't budge.

TNA now has to edit out ALL mentions and segments and matches featuring Hernandez from their last TV tapings.

This includes...

A BATTLE ROYAL, A TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH, A LADDER MATCH, AND A CAGE MATCH.

None of those will air, because of a little white lie told by Hernandez.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the full story from PWInsider. A true LOLTNA moment.
An issue between TNA and Lucha Underground has led to a number of planned TNA TV segments being pulled from upcoming episodes of Impact Wrestling, storylines being dropped and one recent TNA signing being dropped from the company, PWInsider.com has learned

At the center of the controversy with Shawn Hernandez, who recently returned to TNA and became part of the Beatdown Clan after appearing on the first season of Lucha Underground on The El Rey Network.

TNA sources indicate that Hernandez was signed to a deal by the company after informing TNA that contractually, he was free and clear to do so. After Hernandez made a number of appearances at TNA TV tapings, Lucha Underground approached TNA and informed them that contractually, Hernandez was still their contracted talent, that he was not released from his obligations to their promotion an that he could not legally appear on TNA broadcasts.

As you might imagine, this put TNA into a legally actionable position and with Impact Wrestling already pre-filmed well in advance, to boot. I am told that TNA management attempted to work out an agreement with Lucha Underground that would allow the existing footage to be used, including offering to pay Underground for Hernandez' appearances, but Underground turned down all those attempts. Given that the producers of the series come from a film and TV background, I was not surprised to hear that.

Since TNA cannot use the footage, the decision was made to pull anything involving the BDC and all of their current storylines are completed and done. TNA will be replacing those matches and vignettes with existing material, including some matches from the TNA Slammiversary PPV from a few weeks ago. TNA also intends to film material at their TV Tapings later this month that they can drop into the segments that are no longer available to be used. The matches that were filmed are, for now, completely scrapped and TNA will have to re-edit all of their TV.

Hernandez, obviously, is gone from TNA and until Lucha Underground begins filming additional material, is now in a position where he's losing work as TNA wanted to use him and cannot.

As far as the rest of the BDC, MVP, Kenny King, etc. will effectively be off those TV episodes until TNA can get new material with those talents so a number of talents who worked those tapings are now off television for the next several weeks as well.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Here's the full story from PWInsider. A true LOLTNA moment.
An issue between TNA and Lucha Underground has led to a number of planned TNA TV segments being pulled from upcoming episodes of Impact Wrestling, storylines being dropped and one recent TNA signing being dropped from the company, PWInsider.com has learned

At the center of the controversy with Shawn Hernandez, who recently returned to TNA and became part of the Beatdown Clan after appearing on the first season of Lucha Underground on The El Rey Network.

TNA sources indicate that Hernandez was signed to a deal by the company after informing TNA that contractually, he was free and clear to do so. After Hernandez made a number of appearances at TNA TV tapings, Lucha Underground approached TNA and informed them that contractually, Hernandez was still their contracted talent, that he was not released from his obligations to their promotion an that he could not legally appear on TNA broadcasts.

As you might imagine, this put TNA into a legally actionable position and with Impact Wrestling already pre-filmed well in advance, to boot. I am told that TNA management attempted to work out an agreement with Lucha Underground that would allow the existing footage to be used, including offering to pay Underground for Hernandez' appearances, but Underground turned down all those attempts. Given that the producers of the series come from a film and TV background, I was not surprised to hear that.

Since TNA cannot use the footage, the decision was made to pull anything involving the BDC and all of their current storylines are completed and done. TNA will be replacing those matches and vignettes with existing material, including some matches from the TNA Slammiversary PPV from a few weeks ago. TNA also intends to film material at their TV Tapings later this month that they can drop into the segments that are no longer available to be used. The matches that were filmed are, for now, completely scrapped and TNA will have to re-edit all of their TV.

Hernandez, obviously, is gone from TNA and until Lucha Underground begins filming additional material, is now in a position where he's losing work as TNA wanted to use him and cannot.

As far as the rest of the BDC, MVP, Kenny King, etc. will effectively be off those TV episodes until TNA can get new material with those talents so a number of talents who worked those tapings are now off television for the next several weeks as well.
Yesterday I posted under the General ROH Discussion in the "TNA wanted to do an invasion angle with ROH, who said no" thread, that a mockumentary about TNA needed to be filmed. Now this news broke. This is like a dream. TNA keeps unintentionally writing a comedy effortlessly. They consistently break new ground not in professional wrestling, but in as a blueprint on how to not run a wrestling company. This is a thing of beauty.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

How the fuck did they not make sure they could use him. This company finds new ways to fail at an alarming rate.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Real quick to the Mecca Maniacs that lurk here: #GottenTo. And I'll never waste my time lurking on a disorganized comments-only forum. Now have fun returning to sticking your heads in the sand.

Hernandez isn't the ONLY LOLTNA moment of the day, people. SKINHEADS NEO-NAZIS~!
TNA PARTNERS WITH INDUSTRY LEADER TO ENHANCE BROADCAST AND LIVE EVENT PRODUCTION

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (July 15, 2015) TNA is partnering with AO1 Productions, an industry-leading global production company, that will tag team with Ron and Don Harris, two seasoned professional wrestling and production veterans, to enhance broadcast production and the fan experience.

“We recognize the importance that advancements in technology play in producing and delivering a more immersive fan experience, whether cheering from the arena or at home watching TNA programming,” said TNA Chief Financial Officer Dean Broadhead. “A01 brings a vast knowledge of current and emerging technologies we will be integrating into our production. While some upgrades will directly engage the fan’s senses, others are focused on driving operational efficiencies behind the scenes.”

TNA annually produces more than 300 hours of dynamic professional wrestling programming broadcast in 18 languages to more than 120 countries around the globe.

AO1 Productions, a Virginia-based multi-media and multi-platform production house, has more than 50 years of experience consulting and activating global broadcast events, delivering world-class audio, visual and lighting solutions to corporate and entertainment clients.

“We are proud to be partnering with TNA and utilizing our experience and knowledge of state-of-the-art technology to deliver enhanced in-venue and broadcast experiences that will have TNA fans engaged from start to finish,” said AO1 Director of Operations Tim Morin.

Twin brothers and TNA veterans, Ron and Don Harris, who have 30 years of experience both in front of the camera and behind the scenes in production and touring, have returned to the company to lead production of live events and broadcasts, including flagship IMPACT WRESTLING seen in the United States Wednesdays at 9e/p on Destination America.

The next televised live events for IMPACT WRESTLING, Xplosion and One Night Only are scheduled for July 22-30 at Universal Studios Florida in Orlando. For more information visit www.impactwrestling.com/tickets
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:Real quick to the Mecca Maniacs that lurk here: #GottenTo. And I'll never waste my time lurking on a disorganized comments-only forum. Now have fun returning to sticking your heads in the sand.

Hernandez isn't the ONLY LOLTNA moment of the day, people. SKINHEADS NEO-NAZIS~!
TNA PARTNERS WITH INDUSTRY LEADER TO ENHANCE BROADCAST AND LIVE EVENT PRODUCTION

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (July 15, 2015) TNA is partnering with AO1 Productions, an industry-leading global production company, that will tag team with Ron and Don Harris, two seasoned professional wrestling and production veterans, to enhance broadcast production and the fan experience.

“We recognize the importance that advancements in technology play in producing and delivering a more immersive fan experience, whether cheering from the arena or at home watching TNA programming,” said TNA Chief Financial Officer Dean Broadhead. “A01 brings a vast knowledge of current and emerging technologies we will be integrating into our production. While some upgrades will directly engage the fan’s senses, others are focused on driving operational efficiencies behind the scenes.”

TNA annually produces more than 300 hours of dynamic professional wrestling programming broadcast in 18 languages to more than 120 countries around the globe.

AO1 Productions, a Virginia-based multi-media and multi-platform production house, has more than 50 years of experience consulting and activating global broadcast events, delivering world-class audio, visual and lighting solutions to corporate and entertainment clients.

“We are proud to be partnering with TNA and utilizing our experience and knowledge of state-of-the-art technology to deliver enhanced in-venue and broadcast experiences that will have TNA fans engaged from start to finish,” said AO1 Director of Operations Tim Morin.

Twin brothers and TNA veterans, Ron and Don Harris, who have 30 years of experience both in front of the camera and behind the scenes in production and touring, have returned to the company to lead production of live events and broadcasts, including flagship IMPACT WRESTLING seen in the United States Wednesdays at 9e/p on Destination America.

The next televised live events for IMPACT WRESTLING, Xplosion and One Night Only are scheduled for July 22-30 at Universal Studios Florida in Orlando. For more information visit http://www.impactwrestling.com/tickets
If we see less of MVP and Kenny King besides the Hernandez fiasco, we now know why.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Alright everyone, here's your assignment:

I need a list of every... single... negative piece of TNA memories possible.

And yes, I'm aware of this - http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

List ANYTHING fucking insipid about the company from its 13 year history. Could be legit maddening. Could be unintentionally hilarious. Could be macro or micro, infamous or obscure bullshit. From "failed to pull the trigger on this guy" to "here are these assholes trying to pull a power play on this company/person" to "look at what fucking scumbugs these cunts are."

This isn't something for the inevitable Death of TNA book. I'll leave that to RD and Chico. This is related to a special surprise I'll unfold when this shite vanity project federation officially bites the bullet.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:Alright everyone, here's your assignment:

I need a list of every... single... negative piece of TNA memories possible.

And yes, I'm aware of this - http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

List ANYTHING fucking insipid about the company from its 13 year history. Could be legit maddening. Could be unintentionally hilarious. Could be macro or micro, infamous or obscure bullshit. From "failed to pull the trigger on this guy" to "here are these assholes trying to pull a power play on this company/person" to "look at what fucking scumbugs these cunts are."

This isn't something for the inevitable Death of TNA book. I'll leave that to RD and Chico. This is related to a special surprise I'll unfold when this shite vanity project federation officially bites the bullet.
I really look forward to this. TNA can't kick the bucket soon enough.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

And now Velvet Sky has gone on a twitter tirade on trans people as well. This train has no breaks.