IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Robareid

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by Robareid »

JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Apparently Sam Shaw is gone from TNA.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JTCole wrote:Apparently Sam Shaw is gone from TNA.
The rats....they're jumping off the sinking ship. Slowly but surely...
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

TNA really should have closed its doors last year.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So apparently there's a rumor about a big story coming tomorrow regarding TNA? Has anyone else heard this?
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Basically the rumor is that the July tapings for TNA will be the last ones for the company, and therefore they are actually done with DA in September, and done as a promotion.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHFan25 wrote:Basically the rumor is that the July tapings for TNA will be the last ones for the company, and therefore they are actually done with DA in September, and done as a promotion.
Something seemed off when they announced that TV Schedule. 7 Tapings in 7 Days? If that doesn't raise some eyebrows, I don't what does.

One thing that I'm intrigued about is the already announced UK Tour in January. Apparently those are paid shows, and I know that Rich & Joe from Voices of Wrestling's Flagship Podcast have talked about whether TNA would still run these shows (and close out the company with a in-ring beer bash, much like ECW) should the company close up shop.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

I would think that they'd cancel the shows to save themselves from even more embarrassment, but who knows what Dixie will do. You know she isn't going to go out without screaming/kicking/lying.

TNA is clearly dead though. Feel bad for a lot of the workers because their is a ton of talented girls/guys there, because Dixie and Co cost them jobs by their stupidity.

I'm hoping ROH brings in the Wolves, Dirty Heels to help boost the tag division, Angle for a 1 shot (vs Roddy), and maybe Gail Kim since she's so good. I'm sure I'm forgetting some good talent but those are the ones that pop out. And obviously get ECIII signed ASAP.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

ROHFan25 wrote: TNA is clearly dead though.
No is not.Dixie will trie to find a new chanel with less maney and benefits.In the end she will shell to a tv company (Viacom).Just like ROH.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

TJP would be nice, as would Low Ki, but I doubt we're seeing either of them ever return full time.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Pogo wrote:
ROHFan25 wrote: TNA is clearly dead though.
No is not.Dixie will trie to find a new chanel with less maney and benefits.In the end she will shell to a tv company (Viacom).Just like ROH.

I don't think you understand how small Destination America is in the grand scheme of things. They are a very small network, and they give TNA very little money. Less than half the viewers and half the money they got from Spike. There is no step down from DA for TNA. TV is their only source of income since they don't run house shows and they sell no merch. 100% of their revenue comes from TV. Without Destination America, they are dead. How is TNA going to survive on a channel smaller than DA for example? Which I'm not even sure is possible. They can't. It's over.

Not to mention that TNA got kicked off Spike, and then got kicked off Destination America in less than a year. They are dead weight. No TV channel is picking up that program, with the executives involved in that company, especially Dixie. Word gets around.

Also, I'd rather TJP not come back, because there's really no role for him at all and he mails it in sometimes. Low Ki I would love but I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

TNA is scheduled to run a house show near Pittsburgh in September at Rostraver Ice Gardens. It would suck for wrestling in Pittsburgh as a whole if this is cancelled considering this is the same venue that was set to host Wrestle-one. Two wrestling promotions cancelling in an area that rarely gets shows would be awful. I also can't see why TNA would run a random house show in Pittsburgh unless they had plans to change it to a One Night Only PPV or possible TV taping. Maybe someone else on here has more details on this?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BrandenScott wrote:TNA is scheduled to run a house show near Pittsburgh in September at Rostraver Ice Gardens. It would suck for wrestling in Pittsburgh as a whole if this is cancelled considering this is the same venue that was set to host Wrestle-one. Two wrestling promotions cancelling in an area that rarely gets shows would be awful. I also can't see why TNA would run a random house show in Pittsburgh unless they had plans to change it to a One Night Only PPV or possible TV taping. Maybe someone else on here has more details on this?

The fact that TNA is doing seven straight nights of TV in July, and then not running again until these live events in September (thus not running any shows for several weeks, skipping August entirely) should be telling.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Robareid wrote:https://twitter.com/JohnGaburick/status ... 5375979520

These TNA multi-year deals
I just assume that TNA is so messsed up that they have permanently confused "year" with "week."
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
ROHFan25 wrote:Basically the rumor is that the July tapings for TNA will be the last ones for the company, and therefore they are actually done with DA in September, and done as a promotion.
Something seemed off when they announced that TV Schedule. 7 Tapings in 7 Days? If that doesn't raise some eyebrows, I don't what does.
My theory is that they are trying to tape as much as possible so they have something to put out on the net while they try to get another TV deal, and they're doing it now so they can use DA's money to do it (because DA haven't officially cancelled them yet).
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

MLW ‏@MLW 3m3 minutes ago
At this point in time we can confirm @RealJeffJarrett is on @ImpactWrestling tonight.

Jarrett buying TNA! TNA GFW MERGER!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Well I am just over-fucking-whelmed at this Global Nonstop Action dream coming to fruition. Tear-jerking. Life-changing.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So is there anything else to this story? I know Meltzer really didn't have anything to add in The Observer, as things were unfolding. We know that Jarrett is working the PPV. I know the big rumor is some type of GFW/TNA deal. Jarrett mentioned GFW several times in his promo, and wore a GFW T-Shirt.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

So Jarrett started a wrestling company, ran 3 shows under it's name, and now is all of a sudden best friends with Dixie again and is merging the company, and/or buying TNA outright and basically saving the company. Work. GFW = Work.