CHIKARA thread.

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are the cards for the next two shows, coming up this week:

On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Haverhill, Massachusetts 11/15/14

- The Golden Trio (Icarus & The Throwbacks) & The Osirian Portal vs. Sidney Bakabella's Wrecking Crew (The Devastation Corporation of Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive & Flex Rumblecrunch, Jaka & Oleg The Usurper)
- "Smooth Sailing" Ashley Remington vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado
- The Spectral Envoy & The Batiri vs. The Flood
- Shynron vs. The Proletariat Boar of Moldova
- Worker Ant vs. Prakash Sabar
- Princess Kimberlee vs. Missile Assault Ant

For Your Eyes Only
South Windsor, Connecticut 11/16/14

- CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas - 2/3 Falls - The Throwbacks vs. 3.0
- Frightmare vs. Delirious
- UltraMantis Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs
- Four Team Elimination Match - The Batiri vs. "Smooth Sailing" Ashley Remington & Jervis Cottonbelly vs. TBA vs. TBA
- Eddie Kingston vs. The Lithuanian Snow Troll
- The Osirian Portal vs. Sidney Bakabella's Wrecking Crew (Jaka & Oleg The Usurper)
- Worker Ant vs. Hallowicked
- Shynron vs. Nøkken

Also, here are the matches announced thus far for CHIKARA's Season Finale iPPV:

Tomorrow Never Dies
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 12/6/14

- Cibernetico Royale (Eight-on-Eight Circuit Match)
- Young Lions Cup Finals - Heidi Lovelace vs. Missile Assault Ant
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the updated card for the Season Finale iPPV: Tomorrow Never Dies

- CHIKARA Grand Champion Icarus vs. Deucalion
- Cibernetico Royale - CHIKARA (captained by Worker Ant) vs. The Flood (captained by Jakob Hammermeier)
- Campeonatos de Parejas - 2/3 Falls - The Throwbacks vs. The Devastation Corporation
- Eddie Kingston vs. Jimmy Jacobs
- Young Lions Cup XI - Finals - Missile Assault Ant vs. Heidi Lovelace
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Here's the updated card for the Season Finale iPPV: Tomorrow Never Dies

- CHIKARA Grand Champion Icarus vs. Deucalion
- Cibernetico Royale - CHIKARA (captained by Worker Ant) vs. The Flood (captained by Jakob Hammermeier)
- Campeonatos de Parejas - 2/3 Falls - The Throwbacks vs. The Devastation Corporation
- Eddie Kingston vs. Jimmy Jacobs
- Young Lions Cup XI - Finals - Missile Assault Ant vs. Heidi Lovelace
Should be a good end to what has been a pretty hit-and-miss year.
Tom123

Post by Tom123 »

I'll be glad to see the back of Season 14? Is it 14? I know they burned through a couple when they went on hiatus for a year.

Since they returned they just seem to have completely lost all momentum since the return iPPV. The Season Finale iPPV looks very appealing. Anybody know which venue they will be running, are they returning to the ECW Arena?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Tom123 wrote:Anybody know which venue they will be running, are they returning to the ECW Arena?
Yes, this show is in the ECW Arena (now known as the 2300 Arena). They recently opened the venue back up to wrestling shows (House of Hardcore ran a show there a week or two ago).
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Tom123 wrote:I'll be glad to see the back of Season 14? Is it 14? I know they burned through a couple when they went on hiatus for a year.

Since they returned they just seem to have completely lost all momentum since the return iPPV. The Season Finale iPPV looks very appealing. Anybody know which venue they will be running, are they returning to the ECW Arena?
This year is still considered number 13 and next year 14. The hiatus didn't affect the numbering.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

A few more editions to the card:

- Icarus vs. Deucalion is now a Steel Cage Match, only the 2nd in CHIKARA History
- The Only Way to win is with a German Suplex - Juan Francisco de Coronado vs. "Smooth Sailing" Ashley Remington
- Loser Leaves CHIKARA - UltraMantis Black vs. Delirious
fungi2

Post by fungi2 »

The season finale looks amazing.

I have been down on Chikara for a few years. Slow and confusing storylines, sub-par wrestling, tags that mean nothing.

But this show on paper looks to have everything.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

In the below video, Worker Ant confirmed the members of Team CHIKARA for Cibernetico Royale. It will consist of The Colony (Team Captain Worker Ant, Fire Ant & Silver Ant), The Osirian Portal, The Batiri, and Jervis Cottonbelly.

Here are more videos promoting the show:

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Team Flood consists of Jakob Hammermeier (Team Captain), Nøkken, Flex Rumblecrunch, Jaka, Oleg The Usurper, Sir Oliver Grimsly, Volgar, & Soldier Ant.

Also, in an important note to those of you watching the show tonight (myself included), the Finals of the Young Lions Cup between Heidi Lovelace & Missile Assault Ant is on the Pre-Show, which starts at 6:20 PM. You can purchase it at SMVOD.com for $0.01 (it's essentially free).
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Watched tonight's iPPV. Here are the results with some other big announcements:

Tomorrow Never Dies
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 12/6/14

Pre-Show

1.) Heidi Lovelace defeated Missile Assault Ant (with Arctic Rescue Ant & Orbit Adventure Ant) to win The Young Lion's Cup.

Main Show

1.) "Smooth Sailing" Ashley Remington defeated Juan Francisco de Coronado in a match that could only end in a pinfall following a German Suplex. Really good match.

2.) Eddie Kingston defeated Jimmy Jacobs (with Volgar & The Lithuanian Snow Troll). After the match Kid Cyclone (who was last seen fleeing after Deucalion killed the rest of the Green Horned Militia during King of Trios) comes out and attacks Eddie Kingston with a wrench. He then cuts a promo essentially saying that he's disgusted by the fact that after all the things Kingston did in the past (most recently, being a part of The Flood for a few months and playing a role in the other members of the Green Horned Militia getting killed by Deucalion). Kid Cyclone then unmasks in the middle of the ring, revealing himself to be Kevin Condron. He frees The Snow Troll from his chains, and he follows Condron to the back. I think the idea here is that Kevin Condron really isn't on either side. He's against both CHIKARA & The Flood.

3.) The Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster & Blaster McMassive with Sidney Bakabella) defeated The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown) two falls to one, winning Los Campeonatos de Parejas. Really great match, probably the Match of the Night.

4.) UltraMantis Black defeated Delirious in a Loser Leaves CHIKARA Match. Delirious was covered in war paint (literally) from head to toe. This was a really....interesting match. It was basically a match that had a lot of finishers being hit left & right. There was a ref bump, and Derek Sabato made his return to CHIKARA. He's back as a referee (an impartial one at that) Mike Quackenbush noted on commentary that him coming back was "part of the deal" he made with Sabato. After UltraMantis Black wins, Hallowicked & Frightmare come out to celebrate, but Delirious used The Eye of Tyr on Hallowicked, and turns on UltraMantis Black and attacks him! Frightmare seemed to be not be as hindered by it, though he did fall to the ground in spasms as Delirious used it. He tried desperately to fight off it's effects, but eventually followed Hallowicked to the back.

5.) Soldier Ant wins Cibernetico Royale. This match pitted Team CHIKARA (Team Captain Worker Ant, Fire Ant, Silver Ant, Obariyon, Kodama, Ophidian, Amasis & Jervis Cottonbelly) vs. Team Flood (Team Captain Jakob Hammermeier, Nøkken, Oleg The Usurper, Jaka, Sir Oliver Grimsly, Flex Rumblecrunch, Volgar & Soldier Ant). The big story here is that Soldier Ant was running rough shot, no selling the majority of everyone's offense. It came down to Fire Ant & Silver Ant vs. Soldier Ant & Hammermeier, and eventually, Fire Ant vs. Soldier Ant. Both Fire Ant & Silver Ant were conflicted with fighting Solider Ant.

During the intermission, we got several announcements:

- CHIKARA's Season 15 Premiere will be held in the 2300 Arena on January 25th, 2015, the day after ROH holds their show in the 2300 Arena on January 24th, and the same day that WWE's Royal Rumble (it was announced as an afternoon show, obviously so it does not conflict with the Royal Rumble).

- CHIKARA will be coming to the UK for the first time in 2015. The shows will be held the first weekend of April, or the weekend following WrestleMania. They showed a video package where they revealed the cities, which I will highlight below in the announced schedule thus far for 2015:

January 25th, 2015 - Philadelphia, PA
February 8th, 2015 - CHIKARA Presents: National Pro-Wrestling Day - Norristown, PA
March 7th, 2015 - Gibsonville, North Carolina
March 8th 2015 - Norfolk, Virginia
April 3rd, 2015 - Wolverhampton, England, UK
April 4th, 2015 - Wolverhampton, England, UK
April 5th, 2015 - Cardiff, Wales, UK
April 6th, 2015 - London, England, UK

May 2nd, 2015 - Haverhill, Massachusetts
May 24th, 2015 - Anniversario (iPPV) - Easton, PA

- King of Trios 2015 (with a Harry Potter inspired logo) was also announced.

- Chuck Taylor came out while they were setting up The Steel Cage, and announced that he would be cashing in his 3 Points to challenge Icarus for the Grand Championship at the Season 15 Premiere on January 25th.

6.) CHIKARA Grand Champion Icarus defeated Deucalion in a Steel Cage Match. Deucalion came out with a chair carrying the masks of all of the wrestlers he's killed. Icarus comes out carrying The Estonian ThunderFrog's Hammer (He Is Worthy!!!). About halfway through, the rest of the tecnico roster came out to cheer on Icarus. They told a really good story here with Icarus going after the arm Deucalion uses to hit his Choke Breaker. Really enjoyed it. Icarus reversed The Choke Breaker into the CHIKARA Special and Deucalion taps out!! After the match, Deucalion calls out The Flood to help him. It looks like they're going to, but Jimmy Jacobs stops them, saying that Deucalion will kill them all if they go to help them (probably to take out his anger on them for his loss). Jacobs tells Deucalion that he made his bed, and that he would now have to die in it. Icarus then gets the ThunderFrog's Hammer inside The Steel Cage and uses it to kill Deucalion!!

About a minute or two after the show officially ended, we got a strange promo that hinted The Estonian ThunderFrog would be returning.

Overall I thought it was a really enjoyable show!!
RoHWales

Post by RoHWales »

I can't wait for the UK shows.

Do people think they’ll bring a full Chikara roster? Or will it be a skeleton crew supplemented by UK wrestlers?

It’s a shame for them that Mark Andrews won TNA BB.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

RoHWales wrote:I can't wait for the UK shows.

Do people think they’ll bring a full Chikara roster? Or will it be a skeleton crew supplemented by UK wrestlers?

It’s a shame for them that Mark Andrews won TNA BB.
I think most of the roster will come over, and there will more than likely be UK guys thrown in there. I can't see them doing a four day tour and not bringing over a lot of the roster.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Wow this thread has been dormant for over a month. Anyway I gave up on Chikara after KoT due to the downgrade of wrestling quality and boredom of the whole Flood angle but I'm giving the first show of the new season next week a shot due to the strong card.

I'll also say if Chuck Taylor wins the GC the company instantly gets my loyalty back.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

JTCole wrote:Wow this thread has been dormant for over a month. Anyway I gave up on Chikara after KoT due to the downgrade of wrestling quality and boredom of the whole Flood angle but I'm giving the first show of the new season next week a shot due to the strong card.

I'll also say if Chuck Taylor wins the GC the company instantly gets my loyalty back.
'Heel Factions vs. The Company' storylines are always boring imo so I am glad that Flood stuff is done. I think last season was a downgrade but I haven't lost faith in Chikara, now that they are done with it and have built up new characters hopefully this season will be better.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

There's nothing wrong with heel factions when they're done right. The current BDK and the DC are very good rudo groups.

Just stop with the groups wanting to "destroy" the promotion please. The Authority and the Beatdown whatever in TNA don't want to kill their companies, just control and dominate. Let that be Jakob and Bakabella's goal.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

what is the best season of chikara?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

monster mafia wrote:what is the best season of chikara?
Honestly not sure. I've only been actively following CHIKARA since 2011-12.

Also, apparently CHIKARA is no longer working with Smart Mark Video, as they're now doing everything in-house. People who have watched the Season 15 Premiere have said the camerawork & production isn't that good.

There's also these.....The Challenge of the Immortals, and a message from Hallowicked:

Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

King of Trios 2015 will be Sept. 4th - 6th and team #1 is AJ Styles & the Young Bucks.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I was down on CHIKARA lately, this is great news for them.