CHIKARA thread.

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Dingus

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by Dingus »

Haven't really followed Chikara, but I'd say Hallowicked will take title since Kingston didn't show to defend against Green Ant, unless there was a really good reason for it.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Eddie Kingston vs. Hallowicked for the Grand Championship has been announced for April 6th!
Wait what. Seriously? No foolin'?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I've been waiting for this title match since High bloody Noon! He's the most revered Gen 1 original, was the only guy in his block to beat Quack, and is FUCKING AWESOME alongside! I AM EXCITE!!!
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

On a CHIKARA related note, I really think Gavin Loudspeaker is the best ring announcer on the indies (or anywhere really). His intros are fantastic. If ROH could bring him in to do the announcing for house shows instead of having Kevin Kelly do it, that would be awesome!!!!

Also on April 6th, we'll see Frightmare & The Colony (Fire Ant, Green Ant & assailANT) take on Soldier Ant and The Colony Xtreme Force (Arctic Rescue Ant, Missile Assault Ant & Orbit Adventure Ant)
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's an update on CHIKARA's upcoming shows...

Battle Not With Monsters
Gibsonville, NC 5/3/13

- CHIKARA Grand Championship - Eddie Kingston (c) vs. Green Ant
- The Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black, Hallowicked & Firghtmare) vs. F.I.S.T. (Icarus, Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor)
- Young Lions Cup - "Mr Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti (c) vs. Chiva Kid
- Archibald Peck vs. Jigsaw
- Non Title Match - 3.0 vs. Colony Xtreme Force (Arctic Rescue Ant & Orbit Adventure Ant)
- Amasis vs. The Shard
- The Colony (Fire Ant & assailANT) & Los Ice Creams vs. Ophidian & The Batiri
- Saturyne vs. Missile Assault Ant

The Ghost of Your Clings
Porterdale, GA 5/4/13

- CHIKARA Grand Championship - Eddie Kingston/Green Ant (c) vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
- The Spectral Envoy vs. Colony Xtreme Force
- Saturyne vs. Tim Donst
- Campeonatos de Parejas - 2/3 Falls - 3.0 (c) vs. The Batiri
- Points in Play! - Fire Ant & assailANT vs. Jigsaw & The Shard
- Gran Akuma vs. Sugar Dunkerton
- Amasis vs. Kobald

Tag World Grand Prix 2013: 1st Stage (Afternoon) & 2nd Stage (Evening)
Chicago, IL 5/18/13

Teams announced thus far:

- The Heart Throbs
- The Devastation Corporation
- AC/DC (Arik Cannon & Darin Corbin)
- Los Ice Creams
- The Baltic Seige
- The Bravado Brothers
- The Kentucky Buffet
- The Spectral Envoy (Hallowicked & Frightmare)
- Heidi Lovelace & Saturyne
- Da Soul Touchaz
- Zero Gravity

- Evening Card - CHIKARA Grand Championship - Eddie Kinston/Green Ant/"Mr Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti (c) vs. Archibald Peck
- Evening Card - Colt Cabana vs. Icarus
Anniversario: Never Compromise (iPPV)
Philadelphia, PA 6/2/13

- CHIKARA Grand Championship - Eddie Kingston/Green Ant/"Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti/Archibald Peck (c) vs. Icarus
- Amasis vs. Ophidian
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

It was just announced that Icarus will challenge for the Grand Championship on the next iPPV....interesting. This is along with the upcoming title matches involving Green Ant, Mr. Touchdown, and Archibald Peck respectively...
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:It was just announced that Icarus will challenge for the Grand Championship on the next iPPV....interesting. This is along with the upcoming title matches involving Green Ant, Mr. Touchdown, and Archibald Peck respectively...
What? Icarus? Well that came out of nowhere.

There's a match with Touchdown and Kingston? Oh yeah, should be great.
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DieHard wrote: What? Icarus? Well that came out of nowhere.

There's a match with Touchdown and Kingston? Oh yeah, should be great.
Yeah that match is actually happening this weekend in Georgia at The Ghost of Your Clings this Saturday. He'll face the winner of Kingston/Green Ant from the night before.

It does seem odd that Icarus of all people would get a title shot on iPPV...
isles11

Post by isles11 »

I want to get into Chikara, so if someone can explain some things to me it would be greatly appreciated.

1) There's the Colony, Fire Ant, Green Ant, and assailANT, what happened to Soldier Ant?
And who are the heel Colony?
2) What are the shows like? There's a NYC show coming up, I may try and go to.
3) What are the basic rules? IE: Count-out time limit, DQ, Etc.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

isles11 wrote:I want to get into Chikara, so if someone can explain some things to me it would be greatly appreciated.

1) There's the Colony, Fire Ant, Green Ant, and assailANT, what happened to Soldier Ant?
And who are the heel Colony?
2) What are the shows like? There's a NYC show coming up, I may try and go to.
3) What are the basic rules? IE: Count-out time limit, DQ, Etc.
1.) The Current Director of Fun (The GM or Commissioner Role), Wink Vavasseur, instituted a CHIRAKA-Metrics kind of system last year, much like Sabermetrics in Baseball (which is a key point in the movie, Money Ball starring Brad Pitt, based on actual events involving the Oakland Athletics) that essentially pairs the best people with each other. So in preparation for King of Trios, Vavasseur used this system to pair the Ants with the best winning percentages together, leading to pairing Soldier Ant with deviANT & combatANT of The Swarm (Evil Colony), leaving assailANT with Fire & Green Ant. Soldier was treated like dirt by The Swarm while assailANT actually played along and wanted to be a member of the Colony, until Fire & Green Ant accepted him. With Solider Ant left out and The Swarm/GEKIDO essentially dissolved, Vavasseur paired Soldier up with the Colony Xtreme Force, but they've been showing some rudo tendencies (de-masking Frightmare at CHIKARA's recent show @ WrestleMania Weekend). Solider subsequently tendered his resignation (ie he quit the promotion) to Vavasseur (This can be seen by the fact that Soldier Ant is no longer on the roster page). I guess you could say The Swarm were the original "heel Colony" but it looks like Colony Xtreme Force are becoming heels.

2.) Never been to a CHIKARA show, but I am looking to go to one, either the iPPV in Philly or the show in Easton the night before the NYC show. Just make sure if you chant and stuff, you keep it PG (like "Holy Poop", a common CHIKARA Chant)

3.) Pretty basic indy rules. They use the 20 Count. Tag Matches (all kinds, not just regular 2 on 2) are (to my knowledge) held under Lucha Rules, meaning that when one exits the ring that counts as a tag, meaning tag aren't really necessary, though you'll still see them. Matches that are held for the Campeonatos de Parejas (CHIKARA Tag Team Titles) are always held under 2/3 Falls Rules. They do DQ people for "Excessive Violence" but you'll only really see that if it fits whatever storyline they're pushing.
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

cool. thanks.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are the results from Battle Not With Monsters & The Ghost of Your Clings respectively...

1.) The Batiri (Kodama, Kobald, Obaryion) & Ophidian def. The Colony (Fire & assailANT) & Los Ice Creams (El Hijo Del Ice Cream & Ice Cream Jr.).
2.) Saturyne def. Missile Assault Ant
3.) The Colony: Xtreme Force (Orbit Adventure & Arctic Rescue Ant) & deviANT def. 3.Akuma (Shane Matthews, Scott Parker & Gran Akuma).
4.) Amasis def. The Shard
5.) Archibald Peck def. Jigsaw
6.) Mr. Touchdown def. Andrew Everett (formerly the Chiva Kid) to retain the Young Lions Cup.
7.) The Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black, Hallowicked & Frightmare) def. F.I.S.T. (Chuck Taylor, Icarus & Johnny Gargano) w/Sugar Dunkerton.
- Afterwards, Gargano blamed Sugar for the loss and superkicked him. Icarus then speared Gargano and left with Sugar, while Gargano says that he quits F.I.S.T. and leaves with Taylor.
8.) Eddie Kingston def. Green Ant to retain the CHIKARA Grand Championship.

--------

1.) Shernon (debut) def. Chuck Taylor
2.) Pieces of Hate (Jigsaw & The Shard) def. The Colony.
3.) Gran Akuma def. Sugar Dunkerton by disqualification when Icarus shoved Akuma off the ropes in front of the referee.
- Afterwards, Sugar cannot take it anymore and quits F.I.S.T.
4.) Amasis def. Kobald
5.) The Colony: Xtreme Force def. The Spectral Envoy by disqualification when Ultramantis seems to remove Missile Assault Ant’s mask.
6.) Saturyne def. Tim Donst
- Donst attacks ring announcer Gavin Loudspeaker afterwards and cuts off some of his hair.
7.) Eddie Kingston def. Mr. Touchdown to retain the CHIKARA Grand Championship.
8.) 3.0. (Scott Parker & Shane Matthews) def. The Batiri to retain the CHIKARA Campeones de Parejas.

Some other news bits....

- deviANT has officially joined Colony: Xtreme Force
- Pieces of Hate (Jigsaw & The Shard), The Young Bucks, Colony: Xtreme Force (Arctic Rescue Ant & deviANT), and The Batiri have been added to the Tag World Grand Prix
- Mr. Touchdown vs. Saturyne in a rematch for the Young Lions Cup has been added to the Aniversario: Never Compromise iPPV in June.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the Tag World Grand Prix 2013 Results (Credit to PWP)

Afternoon Card

The Young Bucks def The Baltic Siege: The Bucks advance, putting the Latvian Proud Oak away with a spike tombstone piledriver.

The Spectral Envoy (Hallowicked & Frightmare) def Colony: Xtreme Force (deviANT & Orbit Adventure Ant) when The Xtreme Force is DQ’d for unmasking Frightmare. The Envoy advance.
- Not sure why Arctic Rescue Ant was replaced

The Batiri def The Bravado Bros when Obariyon hits the Rapture DDT on Harlem

The Daywalkers of Alex Castle and Matt Cage (with Gangrel!) def Zero Gravity with a bicycle kick into a backdrop driver to advance
- Both teams making their CHIKARA debuts
- The Kentucky Buffet are now called The Daywalkers.

The Colony (Fire Ant & Green Ant) def Los Ice Creams when Green Ant pinned Ice Cream Jr. with a top rope splash

The Devastation Corporation def Gary The Barn Owl and Pierre Abernathy with the Death Blow on Gary
- The Heart Throbs were not there so they pulled out the hat

Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin def Saturyne and Heidi Lovelace when Cannon puts Saturyne down with a brainbuster. AC/DC advance

Main event: Pieces of Hate (Jigsaw & The Shard) def Da Soul Touchaz when The Shard grapevines Acid Jaz’s leg in an ankle lock, causing him to tap. Pieces of Hate advance

Evening Card

Evening Show

TWGP Quarterfinal #1: The Young Bucks def Spectral Envoy
- Young Bucks advance to the semifinals over Spectral Envoy after More Bang for your Buck on Frightmare

TWGP Quarterfinal #2: The Batiri def The Daywalkers
- Obaryion pins Cage with the top rope DDT

TWGP Quarterfinal #3: Devastation Corporation vs. The Colony went to no finish via count-out
- Double count-out. Winner of the next match gets a bye to the finals. Brawl is continuing
- A new third member of Dev. Corp., identified by Sidney Bakabella on Twitter as Flex Rumblecrunch, participates in the legal murder of Green and Fire Ant.

TWGP Quarterfinal #4: Pieces of Hate (Jigsaw & The Shard) def AC/DC (Arik Cannon & Darin Corbin)
- Pieces of Hate advance to the finals via a bye. Jig ‘n’ Tonic on Corbin.

TWGP semifinal: The Young Bucks def the Batiri vs. when Matt Jackson rolls up Kodama and sends the Bucks to the finals

Icarus def Colt Cabana after the pedigree

Grand Championship: Eddie Kingston def Archibald Peck to retain
- Backfist to the Future connects. Lights go out. Archie is not in the ring.
- Another Archibald Peck appeared in the balcony. Fans chanting where is Archie and you killed Archie
- Kingston snapped. He threw a bunch of stuff in the ring.
- Kingston threatens Icarus and says Archie is dead.

Main event time: TWGP Finals: The Young Bucks vs. Pieces of Hate

Pieces of Hate def The Young Bucks when the Shard makes Matt Jackson tap out to win the Tag World Grand Prix.
They will use their points at the iPPV
adduvall84

Post by adduvall84 »

What would be a good starting place to get into Chikara? I'd really like to check it out, but would really like to avoid having to go back and buy a shit tons of DVDs just to get caught up....Any suggestions?
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/adduvall1984
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Just jump in with the iPPV next month.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So here's the full card (or at least everything that's been announced) for Anniversario: Never Compromise

Main iPPV Card

- CHIKARA Grand Championship - Eddie Kingston (c) vs. Icarus
- Campeonatos de Parejas - 2/3 Falls - 3.0 (c) vs. Pieces of Hate
- Sarcophagus Match - Amasis vs. Ophidian
- Trios Action - The Colony vs. The Devastation Corporation
- Hair vs. Hair Match - Tim Donst vs. Gavin Loudspeaker
- Dasher Hatfield vs. Delirious
- Trios Action - The Spectral Envoy vs. Colony: Xtreme Force

Free Pre-Show

- Young Lion's Cup - "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti (c) vs. Saturyne

I have a feeling that something big is going to happen on this show. Also, go check out PWPondering's Viva CHIKARA Podcast Preview. Thought it was very good & went in depth about the show: http://www.pwponderings.com/2013/05/28/ ... ompromise/
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Touchdown in pre-show?

HUH?

Nothing that good honestly. Only 3.0 vs Pieces Of Hate sounds good to me.
MOOSE!
typicalrohfan

Post by typicalrohfan »

This Sunday is the last show Chikara will ever run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrDyPi8G ... e=youtu.be
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Chikara is shutting down? I feel like that would have been bigger newz on the interwebz
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Hawkeye wrote:Chikara is shutting down? I feel like that would have been bigger newz on the interwebz
It's been sort of a secret rumor for the past year or so. It's finally been said out loud recently.
Atox

Post by Atox »

I posted in the other thread but can you go into detail about what is going on?