CHIKARA thread.

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

By the way, anyone see this from one of the Canada's shows last year? Proves why Taylor & Peck are so entertaining.

187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

That match was gold, i think is the same were Peck start crying in the middle of the match because Veronica left him.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Sean Waltman vs. Hallowicked has been announced for March 8th in Tampa
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are the full cards for this weekend's shows.

Just Shadows In The Fog
Tampa, Florida 3/8/13

- Campeonatos de Parejas - 3.0 vs. The Devastation Corporation
- Eddie Kingston vs. Amazing Kong
- Fire Ant/AssaiANT/Dasher Hatfield/Saturyne vs. Soldier Ant & Wink Vavasseur's Mystery Trio
- Young Lions Cup - "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti vs. Jakob Hammermeier
- 4 Team Elimination Match - Mike Quackenbush/Green Ant vs. Kobald/Kodama vs. Icarus/Sugar Dunkerton vs. Jigsaw/The Shard
- Gran Akuma vs. Johnny Gargano
- Archibald Peck vs. Obariyon

Watchmaker
Orlando, Florida 3/9/13

- Grand Championship - Eddie Kingston vs. Green Ant
- 3.0/Gran Akuma/Dasher Hatfield/Saturyne vs. Devastation Corporation/F.I.S.T. (Icarus/Sugar Dunkerton/Johnny Gargano)
- assailANT vs. "Mr Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
- Mike Quackenbush/Fire Ant vs. Jigsaw/The Shard
- Archibald Peck vs. Tim Donst
- Soldier Ant & Wink Vavasseur's Mystery Trio vs. Ophidian & The Batiri
- Hallowicked vs. Jakob Hammermeier
- QUEST Showcase - Eddie Graves vs. Oliver Grimsly

On a side note, the WrestleMania Weekend show has the in-ring return of UltraMantis Black. Since he's missed all the shows thus far in terms of in-ring action, has he been injured or is he just taking time off?
RorayOchet

Post by RorayOchet »

I'm not big into following CHIKARA.. but can someone tell me some must haves or amazing match shows?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

RorayOchet wrote:I'm not big into following CHIKARA.. but can someone tell me some must haves or amazing match shows?
Well I have only been into CHIKARA over the past year and a half or so, but I would say the show's I'd go for first would be the three iPPV's (High Noon, Chikarasaurus Rex: How To Hatch A Dinosaur, Under The Hood). They are a really good place to start with a good number of high quality matches & storyline driven ones. I'd also go (though I don't have any of them personally) for any King of Trios Three Pair of shows. The most exciting weekend of wrestling all year. They're three part shows so just pick a year and get all three nights of KOT from that year (The last three or four KOT are all very good from what I've heard).
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

RorayOchet wrote:I'm not big into following CHIKARA.. but can someone tell me some must haves or amazing match shows?
If you want phenomenal wrestling, get all 3 King of Trios shows.
If you want to really learn about the product, get the iPPVs from last year.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

2005 College Shows (it's a combined set)
Aniversario Yang

Are probably my two (three) favorite non tournament shows.
RorayOchet

Post by RorayOchet »

I've seen K.O.T. '11, thanks guys!! I deffo. wanna expand past PWG, ROH and DGUSA/EVOLVE!! Plus, CHIKARA seems my promotion with it's gimmicks/characters and such.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are the results for Just Shadows In The Fog

1.) Sugar Dunkerton & Icarus (earning 1 Point) def. Jigsaw & The Shard, Mike Quackenbush & Green Ant, Kobald & Kodama

-Quack & Green Ant eliminated The Batiri, Jigsaw & The Shard eliminated Quack & Green Ant, Sugar & Icarus eliminated Jigsaw & The Shard.

2.) Gran Akuma def. Johnny Gargano

3.) Archibald Peck def. Obariyon

Apparently Ophidian called out Amasis, and on his way out The Batiri ambushes him. Amasis is able to fight them off.

4.) Hallowicked def. Sean Waltman

Chicago return on May 18th will be the return of Tag World Grand Prix! - Just curious but I'm not too familiar with the Tag World Grand Prix, as far as what it is, format, etc. Someone care to explain?

5.) Soldier Ant and The Colony Extreme Force (Arctic Rescue Ant, Missile Assault Ant & Orbit Adventure Ant) def. Fire Ant/assailANT/Dasher Hatfield/Saturyne

6.) Young Lion's Cup - Mr. Touchdown def. Jakob Hammermeier

7.) Campeonatos de Parejas - 3.0 def. Devastation Corporation

- The DC won the first fall & 3.0 won the last two falls

8.) Grand Champion Eddie Kingston def. Amazing Kong
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Except for the most recent TWGP the format is the same as KOT.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:.) Soldier Ant and The Colony Extreme Force (Arctic Rescue Ant, Missile Assault Ant & Orbit Adventure Ant) def. Fire Ant/assailANT/Dasher Hatfield/Saturyne
You've gotta be kidding me with that Extreme Force nonsense. Hope it's a one time thing because this is getting out of hand.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BTW10 wrote:You've gotta be kidding me with that Extreme Force nonsense. Hope it's a one time thing because this is getting out of hand.
I'm just happy they didn't stick Soldier Ant with a bunch of jobbers. The names are a bit whacky (I get where they were going but they could have used the same theme but with simpler names) but I'm willing to give it a shot (also depends on who the new ants are...new students? 17 & combatANT rebranded? Other known indy guys?). I'm a big fan of anything Colony related so I think I might like this more than others.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BTW10 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:.) Soldier Ant and The Colony Extreme Force (Arctic Rescue Ant, Missile Assault Ant & Orbit Adventure Ant) def. Fire Ant/assailANT/Dasher Hatfield/Saturyne
You've gotta be kidding me with that Extreme Force nonsense. Hope it's a one time thing because this is getting out of hand.
It's got a very comic-bookish, and has to be better than watching Waltman and Janetty or Devastation Whatever fighting for the tag titles.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

Quack seems increasingly determined to give his trainees the most ridiculous gimmicks he can think of. Presumably it stops them getting more bookings elsewhere if they get good and keeps them dependent on Chikara for bookings.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Results from Watchmaker

1. Oliver Grimsely d. Eddie Graves via Double Arm Lungblower

2. Ophidian & The Batiri d. Soldier Ant & The Colony XTREME Force after XTREME Force and The Batiri brawl out of the arena, leaving Soldier Ant alone to tap to Ophidians Death Grip.

- After the match, with Ophidian alone, he falls prey to Amasis! Ophiddian retreats in fear!

3. Hallowicked d. Jakob Hammermeir after it seemed Jakob had the match won, he broke down asking for his best friend Tim Donst back, allowing Hallowicked to score the victory

4. assailANT d. Mr. Touchdown via a Knee to the face and CHIKARA Special: Blue

Intermission

5. Jigsaw and The Shard d. Quackenbush and Fire Ant after The Shard worked over Fire Ants knee and made him tap to the Ankle Lock

6. Archibald Peck d. Tim Donst Via DQ after Archie accidentally hits Veronica, causing Steve The Turtle Weiner to attack Archie I suppose in offense to that action…

7. Due to Kingston not being at the venue, the main event is now as The Devastation Corporation and F.I.S.T. Take on Green Ant, Dasher, and 3.Akuma

Green Ant, Dasher, Akuma & 3.0 def Gargano, Sugar, Icarus & the Devastation Corporation after Gargano taps out to the cloverleaf by Green Ant
PhenomenalTLD

Post by PhenomenalTLD »

Was there ever anything announced ANYWHERE about what happened with Kingston???
Kevin Steen Scares Me.
Follow the Indy Power Rankings @IndyPowerRankin on Twitter!
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

PhenomenalTLD wrote:Was there ever anything announced ANYWHERE about what happened with Kingston???
No so either no one knows or it was personal.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well Kingston was there for the Tampa show so it must have been something that came up suddenly. He'll probably have his title match with Green Ant at some point down the line.

Oh, and here are some announced matches for the WrestleMania Weekend (April 6th) Show, The Shoulder of Pallas

Amasis vs. Ophidian - This should be the main event in my personal opinion.
Saturyne vs. Kobald
The in-ring return of UltraMantis Black!!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Eddie Kingston vs. Hallowicked for the Grand Championship has been announced for April 6th!

This should be great! Hallowicked is definitely one of those guys who has a legitimate chance of taking the title from Kingston. Wouldn't be surprised if he did.