CHIKARA thread.

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

With the announcement of The Bullet Club, this year's tournament is already better than last year's.

I'm actually really surprised that they announced the first team several months in advance, but I guess with AJ Styles & The Young Bucks, you need to book them well in advance if you're a promotion like CHIKARA.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Tickets are 75 dollars, wow!
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:With the announcement of The Bullet Club, this year's tournament is already better than last year's.
100%.
187_Joeism wrote:Tickets are 75 dollars, wow!
Last years KoT was the same, and I believe their first show back was the same price as well.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

They just wasted all their budget on Styles and the YB so they have to get more funding somehow.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Have we ever been told what you get for winning the Challenge of the Immortals?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote:Have we ever been told what you get for winning the Challenge of the Immortals?
From what I hear, "A Golden Opportunity" aka a shot at whichever titles they want.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are the results from the shows this past weekend in North Carolina & Virginia, via PWP:
CHIKARA Out on a Limb
March 07, 2015
Gibsonville, NC

Chikara’s return on 9/26 to Gibsonville

Princess Kimber Lee & Jervis Cottonbelly def Fire Ant, Worker Ant/Wrecking Crew/The BDK after Jervis pinned Hammermeier and Kimber Lee pinned Fire Ant. Fire Ant pinned Flex to eliminate the Wrecking Crew.

Hallowicked def Argus with a Yakuza kick

Challenge of the Immortals Match #1: Mark Angelosetti/Icarus def Frightmare/Silver Ant after Icarus pinned Silver Ant with a series of near fall reversals after a Rana from the top

Chuck Taylor def Trevor Lee with an Awful Waffle

Juan Francisco De Coronado/Boar/Sabar/Mr. Azerbaijan def UltraMantis Black/Batiri/Oleg when Juan Francisco de Coronado pins Oleg the Usurper with a delayed German

Dasher Hatfield def Killer Kevin Condron with a rolling reverse cradle.
– Condron stalled a lot. He eventually hit Hatfield with a wrench. Condron threw up twice. There is a spot in the ring. Bryce didn’t buy it (he was bumped) and made them continue. Condron popped right up and argued. He said he threw up in the ring.

Campeonatos de Parejas: 2/3 falls
1st fall: The Osirian Portal (Amasis/Ophidian) def Devastation Corporation (Blaster McMassive/Max Smashmaster) when they pin Blaster with a roll – up as Blaster tried a Powerbomb
2nd fall: Blaster pins Ophidian with a clothesline
3rd fall: McMassive pinned Ophidian after the Death blow to retain
CHIKARA Altar Egos
March 08, 2015
Norfolk, VA

1. The Arcane Horde (Obariyon & Kodama) defeated Jakob Hammermeier & Pinkie Sanchez in a Challenge of the Immortals match.

2. Volgar defeated UltraMantis Black with Hallowicked’s help. Kevin Condron attempted to recruit Volgar and threatened to reveal his secret.

3. N_R_G won the 4-team elimination match. They now have 3 points and a shot at Los Campeonatos de Parejas.
– The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & ‘Mr. Touchdown’ Mark Angelosetti) defeated The Bloc Party (Proletariat Boar of Moldova & Prakash Sabar)
– The Throwbacks defeated Silver Ant & Frightmare
– N_R_G defeated the Throwbacks

4. Grand Championship: Icarus defeated Nokken to retain the title.

5. The Wrecking Crew (Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch & Jaka) defeated Crown and Court (Princess Kimberlee, Jervis Cottonbelly, and Los Ice Creams) in a Challenge of the Immortals match when Smashmaster gave one of the Ice Creams a tombstone piledriver.

6. Hallowicked defeated Oleg the Usurper. Hallowicked now has 3 points and a shot at the Grand Championship.

7. The Snake Pit (Ophidian, Shynron & Argus) defeated Battle Hive (Amasis, Fire Ant & Worker Ant) in a Challenge of the Immortals match when Ophidian landed a top rope Egyptian Destroyer on Amasis.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For the UK members of ROHWorld, here are the cards thus far for CHIKARA's shows this weekend (if anyone was interested in knowing):

For British Eyes Only
Wolverhampton, England 4/3/15

- Challenge of the Immortals Match - Dasher's Dugout (The Throwbacks & CHIKARA Grand Champion Icarus) vs. Nightmare Warriors (Hallowicked, Frightmare & Blind Rage)
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - Eddie Kingston (The Snake Pit) vs. Soldier Ant (BDK)
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - The Wrecking Crew (Jaka & CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas Max Smashmaster & Blaster McMassive) vs. Battle Hive (Amasis, Fire Ant & Worker Ant)
- UltraMantis Black vs. Mr. Azerbaijan
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - The Gentleman's Club (Chuck Taylor & The Swamp Monster) vs. Arcane Horde (The Batiri)

Let 'Em Eat Cake
Wolverhampton, England 4/4/15

- Atomicos Match - The Colony (Fire Ant & Worker Ant) & N_R_G (Race Jaxon & Hype Rockwell) vs. CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas The Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster & Blaster McMassive) & Nightmare Warriors (Hallowicked & Frightmare)
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - CHIKARA Grand Champion Icarus (Dasher's Dugout) vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado (United Nations)
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy, Drew Gulak & Swamp Monster (The Gentleman's Club) vs. UltraMantis Black, The Batiri & Oleg The Usurper (Arcane Horde)
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - Eddie Kingston (The Snake Pit) vs. Jaka (The Wrecking Crew)
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - Los Ice Creams (Crown and Court) vs. The Throwbacks (Dasher's Dugout)
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - Amasis (Battle Hive) vs. Prakash Sabar (United Nations)

Pier Pressure
Cardiff, Wales 4/5/15

- CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas - 2/3 Falls - The Devastation Corporation vs. N_R_G
- Worker Ant vs. Soldier Ant
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - UltraMantis Black & The Batiri (Arcane Horde) vs. The Throwbacks & CHIKARA Grand Champion Icarus (Dasher's Dugout)
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - Battle Hive (Amasis & Fire Ant) vs. Nightmare Warriors (Hallowicked & Blind Rage)
- Eddie Kingston vs. TBD
- Los Ice Creams vs. The Gentleman's Club (Chuck Taylor & Drew Gulak) vs. Oleg The Usurper & Jaka vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado & Prakash Sabar

Afternoon Delight
London, England 4/6/15

- CHIKARA Grand Championship - Icarus vs. Hallowicked
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - The Gentleman's Club (Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak & The Swamp Monster) vs. The Wrecking Crew (Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive & Jaka)
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - Eddie Kingston (The Snake Pit) vs. Oleg The Usurper (Arcane Horde)
- Six-Man Tag - Dasher Hatfield, Kodama & Hype Rockwell vs. Mr. Touchdown, Obariyon & Race Jaxon
- UltraMantis Black vs. Blind Rage
- Challenge of the Immortals Match - Battle Hive (Amasis, Fire Ant & Worker Ant) vs. United Nations (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Mr. Azerbaijan & Prakash Sabar)
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Spoiler: show
Breaking news from across the pond! We have a NEW Grand Champion of CHIKARA and his name is Hallowicked!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Congrats to him! He definitely deserves it, especially since he's been there since the 1st show in 2002.
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

Love that news. I remember talking to him on MySpace years ago and him being a really cool guy.

I notice this thread doesn't seem to do much now and I haven't seen as much buzz about CHIKARA this season? What are everyone's thoughts on it?! I'm looking at jumping back in from A New Start.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

MFKR78 wrote:Love that news. I remember talking to him on MySpace years ago and him being a really cool guy.

I notice this thread doesn't seem to do much now and I haven't seen as much buzz about CHIKARA this season? What are everyone's thoughts on it?! I'm looking at jumping back in from A New Start.
I gave up on them after a lackluster KoT.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

MFKR78 wrote:

I mostly gave up on them because they didn't pay anything off with the whole "Flood" angle. Deucalion was vanquished. Okay. Fine. Well what about all of that stuff with the Vavaseurs and the white supremacist compound and the Titor Conglomerate and the No Private Army blog and Condor Security and the million-zillion other mysteries involved in that angle? A lot of fans (myself included) put a lot of time into trying to figure out this big, elaborate puzzle they gave us, what was supposed to be this big pay-off never came. Ever since they came back it seems like all of that stuff has been completely forgotten about.
I mean... we still don't know WHY they wanted to kill CHIKARA!

I've also had issues keeping track of all of the new characters introduced through the Wrestling Is... promotions. They roster has expanded WAY too much, and it's full of people like the Bloc Party who really have no reason whatsoever to exist at this point, or goofy do-nothings like Jervis Cottonbelly, Orange Cassidy, and the Swamp Monster. I like some of them (Condron, Remmington, Heidi, Juan Francisco- Kimber Lee is tolerable)... but most of them I just don't care about. Combine that with the loss of guys like 3.0 and the complete and total stagnancy of Chuck Taylor, and the roster just isn't as appealing as it was before.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

I bought all of their shows from last year, and most of them were not that good, and I don't think they have much buzz this year because of it.

Icarus as champ was a nice story, and a coherent one following "The Ashes of Chikara" videos, but from a pure entertainment standpoint, I'm not a big fan of his.
Hallowicked
getting the belt has me a little more enticed, as I like him MUCH more than Icarus, but we'll see.

Smart Mark Video also stopped putting up their shows for digital download this year, and that's where I buy 95% of the shows I watch.

I'm half excited for Styles/Young Bucks in the King of Trios, this years field is already slightly better than last, but I won't be following Chikara much this year, unless something changes.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Results from the show this past weekend via PWP:
CHIKARA Spring Breakout
May 2nd, 2015
Haverhill, MA
Credit: Michael Langan

The teams seem to all have flags for the Challenge of the Immortals match

BDK (Nokken/Pinkie Sanchez/Soldier Ant) def Princess Kimber Lee/Los Ice Creams after Pinkie pinned El Hijo Del Ice Cream in 20 min with a running knee. Kimber Lee left in tears

Unknown in the Magic Move Match Move is the Stone Cold Stunner
Dasher Hatfield def Volgar with a Stunner then a Jackhammer

Challenge of the Immortals Match
Chuck Taylor def the Proletariat Boar of Moldova with a roll up from a spear attempt

“Smooth Sailin'” Ashley Remington def Missile Assault Ant with a high ankle lock and now has 3 points

The Nightmare Warriors (Frightmare/Hallowicked/Silver Ant) def Snake Pit (Argus/Eddie Kingston/Shynron) after Hallowicked pinned Shynron with a sitout powerbomb from the top

Amasis def Juan Francisco de Coronado after Amasis hit his leaping enzugiri
– during the match with the help of the young man Gabe (from last time too) Juan used a metal part of the flag to hit a German Suplex for a pin. But Bryce restarted the match. First fall went 8. Juan backed off when Gabe’s dad (?) stood up from his wheelchair.

Wrecking Crew (Jaka/Flex Rumblecrunch/Max Smashmaster) w Sidney def Arcane Horde (Obariyan/Oleg the Usurper/UltraMantis Black) when Flex Rumblecrunch pinned Oleg the Usurper with a spear
– The story was Oleg technically still has a contract with Sidney Bakabella & was left out. Oleg saved Mantis after a Max swanton.
– Finish saw Oleg clean house and set up Flex for off with his head. Sidney hit the ropes with the contract. Oleg grabbed him. Oleg turned around into the spear for the finish.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Despite all we've said, I think this years KoT is looking great.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Drago, Aerostar and Fenix

AWESOME
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ladrao12 wrote:Image

Despite all we've said, I think this years KoT is looking great.
Those $75 front row tickets are (dare I say) already worth it. WOW. With these two teams, this tournament is LIGHT YEARS ahead of last year.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

If I get this job I want in June that gives me a pay raise I think I'll give Chikara a try again starting with their March events. I've read mostly good things about them unlike A New Start and NPWD 2015.
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

I'm going to go from A New Start after missing all of the last season too. It's kinda like I WANT to like the company so am hoping this season is good enough to support that.