CHIKARA thread.

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Post Reply
syxxpakk
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:52 am

CHIKARA thread.

Post by syxxpakk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:33 am

Kind of surprised there isn't one already. I'm going to attend the Piedmont, AL shows in October. This will be my first live CHIKARA event so I'm looking forward to it.

User avatar
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:01 am

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by ROHFanAnthony » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:42 am

The little that I've seen of Chikara, it was fun. Mixed Martial Archie/Archibald Peck is entertaining.

astoph
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by astoph » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:11 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Kind of surprised there isn't one already. I'm going to attend the Piedmont, AL shows in October. This will be my first live CHIKARA event so I'm looking forward to it.
Yeah, I've found most people don't get into it. I 've seen a little bit and enjoyed the hell out of it. Also going to my first show in October in North Carolina. Should be a good time.

User avatar
DieHard
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DieHard » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 am

I highly recommend to all of you to watch "Chikara's Ring Of Wax". Really good undercard and awesome main event. One of the best shows of the year IMO.
Image
MOOSE!

icyhot
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:39 am
Location: Stem, North Carolina

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by icyhot » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:20 pm

DieHard wrote:I highly recommend to all of you to watch "Chikara's Ring Of Wax". Really good undercard and awesome main event. One of the best shows of the year IMO.
That's this year's Young Lions finals right?
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.

User avatar
fm20000
Posts: 1392
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by fm20000 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Guys. I just got back from KOT night 3. Most fun I've ever had at a wrestling show. Ever. And the show was amazing. Go out of your way to watch these shows and support this company.

User avatar
DieHard
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DieHard » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm

icyhot wrote:
DieHard wrote:I highly recommend to all of you to watch "Chikara's Ring Of Wax". Really good undercard and awesome main event. One of the best shows of the year IMO.
That's this year's Young Lions finals right?
Yeah, awesome match between
Spoiler: show
ACH and Mr. Touchdown.
(for those who didn't know who are in the finals)
Image
MOOSE!

User avatar
187_Joeism
Posts: 4914
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:26 am
Location: Canary Islands, Spain

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by 187_Joeism » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:43 pm

This KoT doesn´t look that a tournament that i would like, too much nostalgia, i don´t know the half of the wrestlers/teams.
Image

User avatar
BTW10
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by BTW10 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:48 pm

I orginally thought
Spoiler: show
the Batiri
was gonna win, but having
Spoiler: show
The Spectral Envoy win the tourney definitely makes sense going forward. More momentum into their storyline with Delirious/Batiri/Ophidian

User avatar
fm20000
Posts: 1392
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by fm20000 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:38 pm

187_Joeism wrote:This KoT doesn´t look that a tournament that i would like, too much nostalgia, i don´t know the half of the wrestlers/teams.
Trust me. It works. I had the same thoughts going in but everything flowed perfectly. It never felt like we were getting too much of the old timers in the ring or too much of anything. Chikara manages to balances like 8 different styles of wrestling in one show and just make it a great time.

I only went to Night 3 but they manged to balance comedy, pure wrestling, Puroesu/Japanese style, Nostalgic moments, great storytelling, and introduce me to stuff and wrestlers I've never seen before. Going in I had the same thoughts that ehhh I don't even know half of these guys, but the next morning I found myself looking up all of them to see more.

I'd recommend the KOT shows to anyone who enjoys wrestling.

User avatar
DieHard
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DieHard » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm

fm20000 wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:This KoT doesn´t look that a tournament that i would like, too much nostalgia, i don´t know the half of the wrestlers/teams.
Trust me. It works. I had the same thoughts going in but everything flowed perfectly. It never felt like we were getting too much of the old timers in the ring or too much of anything. Chikara manages to balances like 8 different styles of wrestling in one show and just make it a great time.

I only went to Night 3 but they manged to balance comedy, pure wrestling, Puroesu/Japanese style, Nostalgic moments, great storytelling, and introduce me to stuff and wrestlers I've never seen before. Going in I had the same thoughts that ehhh I don't even know half of these guys, but the next morning I found myself looking up all of them to see more.

I'd recommend the KOT shows to anyone who enjoys wrestling.
Why you went only to Night 3? by the way what's your opinion about the KOT finals? i heard it was MOTY (i have no idea who is there so don't tell me).
And yeah i'll download those shows from Smart Mark, can't wait, so glad it's Chikara and the shows are gonna be available really quick.
Image
MOOSE!

User avatar
fm20000
Posts: 1392
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by fm20000 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:03 pm

DieHard wrote:
fm20000 wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:This KoT doesn´t look that a tournament that i would like, too much nostalgia, i don´t know the half of the wrestlers/teams.
Trust me. It works. I had the same thoughts going in but everything flowed perfectly. It never felt like we were getting too much of the old timers in the ring or too much of anything. Chikara manages to balances like 8 different styles of wrestling in one show and just make it a great time.

I only went to Night 3 but they manged to balance comedy, pure wrestling, Puroesu/Japanese style, Nostalgic moments, great storytelling, and introduce me to stuff and wrestlers I've never seen before. Going in I had the same thoughts that ehhh I don't even know half of these guys, but the next morning I found myself looking up all of them to see more.

I'd recommend the KOT shows to anyone who enjoys wrestling.
Why you went only to Night 3? by the way what's your opinion about the KOT finals? i heard it was MOTY (i have no idea who is there so don't tell me).
And yeah i'll download those shows from Smart Mark, can't wait, so glad it's Chikara and the shows are gonna be available really quick.
Other stuff came up and could only make it to night 3 with my brother. Really wish I could have gone to all 3 nights though and definitely will next year.

And the finals match was great. Really great match and moment overall. Honestly though my favorite match of the night was a match earlier in the show. Don't want to ruin it for you though. Smart Mark is supposed to post the shows any time now I think.

User avatar
DieHard
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DieHard » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:58 pm

KOT (all 3 nights) are ALREADY available!
Image
MOOSE!

User avatar
DieHard
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DieHard » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:43 am

CHIKARA King Of Trios 2012 - Night 1 Review:

King of Trios 2011 First Round match:
The Colony (Green Ant, Fire Ant & assailANT) vs. Sendai Girls (Meiko Satomura, Dash Chisako & Sendai Sachiko) - **3/4
Very good opener, it was really cool to see The Colony working as heels and not refusing to to work with assailANT.

King of Trios 2011 First Round match:
The Batiri (Obariyon, Kodama & Kobald) vs. 3.0 & Akuma - ***
Fuck, am i the only one who loves Koblad? imo he is really funny. Fun match, didn't cared about it at the beginning but they did a great job.

King of Trios 2011 First Round match:
Osaka Pro (Kikutaro, Ebessan & Takoyakida) vs. F.I.S.T. (Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano & Icarus) - TOO AWESOME FOR STARS
Seriously, this match was as funny as Taylor vs Archie earlier this year, fucking EPIC.

King of Trios 2011 First Round match:
The Swarm (combatANT, deviANT & Soldier Ant) vs. Manami Toyota, Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw - ***

King of Trios 2011 First Round match:
The Throwbacks (Mr. Touchdown, Dasher Hatfield & Matt Classic) vs. Team JWP (Commando Bolshoi, Tsubasa Kuragaki & Kaori Yoneyama) - ***1/2
MATT F'N CLASSIC. Awesome.

King of Trios 2011 First Round match:
The Spectral Envoy (Hallowicked, Frightmare & UltraMantis Black) vs. The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger, Mihara & Tito Santana - **1/2
The match was about Tito Santana hot tag so there's nothing to talk about. Wonder what will happpen with Victoria and Archie after how she looked at him.

King of Trios 2011 First Round match:
The Faces Of Pain (Meng, The Warlord & The Barbarian) vs. Team ROH (The Young Bucks & Mike Bennett) - **1/4
I was tired after all the action and didn't paid attention to this, didn't looked like i missed too much.

King of Trios 2011 First Round match:
Team WWF (Aldo Montoya, Tatanka & 1-2-3 Kid) vs. The Extreme Trio (Jerry Lynn, Too Cold Scorpio & Tommy Dreamer) - ***
Kinda like the main event from last year KOT Night 1. Good but nothing too crazy or amazing. Enjoyable main event.

Chikara King Of Trios 2012 - Night 2 Review:
Spoiler: show
Quarter Final Match 1
Team JWP (Commando Bolshoi, Tsubasa Kuragaki & Kaori Yoneyama) vs F.I.S.T. (Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano & Icarus) - ***3/4
Holly fuck what a superkick from Gargano to Yoneyams.. i was shocked. The match istelf was tons of fun, perfect opener, F.I.S.T are so damn good.

Mr. Touchdown vs. 1-2-3 Kid - N/R
What was the story here? i was really disappointed because when i saw this on the card i thought this can easily steal the show. It was short (4 min) and wasn't really nothing to talk about.

Quarter Final Match 2
The Batiri (Obariyon, Kodama & Kobald) vs The Spectral Envoy (Hallowicked, Frightmare & UltraMantis Black) - **3/4
Good back and forth action, The Batiri are underrated tag team IMO.

Fire Ant & Green Ant vs. Ebessan & Takoyakida - ****
Wow. This was funnier than FIST vs Osaka PRO. Those guys are amazing. This match is must-see.

Quarter Final Match 3
Manami Toyota, Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw vs Sendai Girls (Meiko Satomura, Dash Chisako & Sendai Sachiko) - ****1/4
Awesome spot-fest, one of Toyota's kicks to one of those girls looked really sick. It was like SAT vs Jig, Quack and Toyota from last year but longer. So far the best match in the weekend.

Sugar Dunkerton vs. Tatanka - **1/2
Surprisngly good, Tatanka looks really fat but he's pretty good for his age. Really dig the story between Sugar and F.I.S.T.

Quarter Final Match 4
The Extreme Trio (Jerry Lynn, Too Cold Scorpio & Tommy Dreamer) vs Team ROH (The Young Bucks & Mike Bennett) - ***3/4
Really great match, Dreamer's dive was an amazing moment. Bennett fit really good in Chikara, hope he'll become regular. TCS's still awesome, Jerry Lynn looked very good too, i hope we'll see him in Final Battle in one last match in the Ballrom.

Chikara Grand Championship Match
Eddie Kingston vs. Tadasuke - ***1/2
Hard hitting, good story-telling and Eddie Kingston - no surprise that the match was great. Donst promo post-match was really good, looking forward to his match with Kingston in the future.

Overall: What a show! the "worst" match was Tatanka vs Sugar and it was a good one. Night 3 should be EPIC. This weekend is amazing so far.
Image
MOOSE!

User avatar
Mr. Small Package
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by Mr. Small Package » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:59 pm

I know this thread hasn't had any activity in almost a month, but I just wanted to put it out there that I went to my first wrestling show and luckily had the opportunity to make it CHIKARA.

The Zodiac Crimes in Gibsonville, NC.

The card got shuffled some because of Frightmare getting injured, however, it made the main-event that much more awesome. I got a chuckle out of seeing The Bravado Brothers. They look better as a team and I really think the tour in Japan helped them. I liked their ring attire with the Carolina Tar Heels symbol, but I'm more of a Duke Blue Devils fan myself.

CHIKARA's a great promotion to experience live wrestling if you can let loose and enjoy kid friendly, goofy entertainment.

astoph
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by astoph » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Mr. Small Package wrote:I know this thread hasn't had any activity in almost a month, but I just wanted to put it out there that I went to my first wrestling show and luckily had the opportunity to make it CHIKARA.

The Zodiac Crimes in Gibsonville, NC.

The card got shuffled some because of Frightmare getting injured, however, it made the main-event that much more awesome. I got a chuckle out of seeing The Bravado Brothers. They look better as a team and I really think the tour in Japan helped them. I liked their ring attire with the Carolina Tar Heels symbol, but I'm more of a Duke Blue Devils fan myself.

CHIKARA's a great promotion to experience live wrestling if you can let loose and enjoy kid friendly, goofy entertainment.
I was there too. Really fun show and the 10 man main event was awesome! I really hope they return next year!
The meet and greet at the end was a load of fun also. Well worth the 3 hour drive!

User avatar
Mr. Small Package
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by Mr. Small Package » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:46 pm

I didn't stick around for the meet and greet. I did get to shake The Mysterious and Handsome Stranger's hand on the way out the door as well as salute Soldier Ant.

Wow, that doesn't make my hour and a half drive bad at all in comparison.

What was your favorite match?

astoph
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by astoph » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:56 pm

The main was by far my favorite. I also really enjoyed the Bravados/Throwbacks and thought Jacob/Donst were hilarious together in their match as usual.

Jimthy
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by Jimthy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:15 pm

Check out Jim's live review of Chikara's Saturday night Chicago Show, "Zelda The Great"!

http://twospotmonkeys.blogspot.com/2012 ... eview.html
Two Spot Monkeys! - A blog authored by Thomas Bobo and myself, looking at the worlds of Pro Wrestling and MMA!

User avatar
DXvsNWO1994
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9295
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 am

Here's the announced line-up so far for the next two shows:

The Cibernetico Rises
Manhattan, New York 11/18/12

- Torneo Cibernetico
Team Steen (Kevin Steen, The Bravados. The Young Bucks, The Briscoes & Jimmy Jacobs) vs. Team Kingston (Eddie Kingston, 3.0, The Spectral Envoy, Gran Akuma & Tim Donst)
- Soldier Ant vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
- 1-2-3 Kid & Marty Jannetty vs. The Heart Throbs
- Dasher Hatfield vs. Icarus
- Fire Ant vs. The Shard

Under The Hood iPPV
Philadelphia. Pennsylvania 12/2/12

- The Spectral Envoy & Two Partners TBA vs. Delirious, Ophidian & The Batiri
- Winner Gets a Title Shot
3.0 vs. F.I.S.T. (Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor)
- Young Lion's Cup
"Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti vs. ACH
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests