CHIKARA thread.

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
JustSkiff

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by JustSkiff »

BTW10 wrote:It's a shame the Bucks are done in the promotion. Also, Green Ant getting a Grand Championship match is laughable.
Why he beat the champ? He had wins over Quack last year.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

JustSkiff wrote:
BTW10 wrote:It's a shame the Bucks are done in the promotion. Also, Green Ant getting a Grand Championship match is laughable.
Why he beat the champ? He had wins over Quack last year.
Cabana had wins over Quack too and he hasn't gotten a shot.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

BTW10 wrote:Also, Green Ant getting a Grand Championship match is laughable.
Excusemewhat?

I haven't seen any of the 2012 Chikara shows yet, but unless he magically became possessed by the spirit of Raja Lion in my past year of ignorance, there shouldn't be anything laughable about it. Green Ant is very talented, both on the technical and dramatic sides of wrestling. One of the best prospects that the Wrestle Factory has churned out in recent years. I'm surprised that it's taken him this long to get a Grand Title match, considering that they've been grooming him for it since 2011.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

What makes you think the Bucks are done with CHIKARA?
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:What makes you think the Bucks are done with CHIKARA?
From Nick's Twitter:
Kinda bittersweet weekend for Matt and I. Thanks everyone over at @chikarapro for always being such a great place to wrestle at.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

BlackLesnar wrote:I'm surprised that it's taken him this long to get a Grand Title match, considering that they've been grooming him for it since 2011.
He only had 4 singles matches last year because of the stupid, dragged out GEKIDO nonsense so he hasn't been "groomed" for it at all.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

HE BEAT THE CHAMP IN A SINGLES CONTEST!

Also Dasher got a title shot out of nowhere.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

JustSkiff wrote:HE BEAT THE CHAMP IN A SINGLES CONTEST!
Yeah, so why rush the title match when they can give Green Ant more wins to give him more credibility? They're jumping the gun on this match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BTW10 wrote:
Yeah, so why rush the title match when they can give Green Ant more wins to give him more credibility? They're jumping the gun on this match.
Hasn't beating the Champ in a non-title match (of any kind) been a guaranteed title shot/pre-requisite for a title shot for like....ever?
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Hasn't beating the Champ in a non-title match (of any kind) been a guaranteed title shot/pre-requisite for a title shot for like....ever?
Read what I said. Green Ant/Eddie just had their match. Wait a few months and then do the title match to build Green Ant more instead of rushing it.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

BTW10 wrote:
Because the DOF is incompetent, and doesn't know how to determine challengers. So he wanted a title shot, so he gave it to Green Ant who just beat the champ.

Also a Kingston/Green Ant title defense isn't the money defense. It doesn't really need to be built up. The money defenses are Hallowicked, Heel Jigsaw, and Quack.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

JustSkiff wrote:Also a Kingston/Green Ant title defense isn't the money defense. It doesn't really need to be built up. The money defenses are Hallowicked, Heel Jigsaw, and Quack.
I'm not sure if people would rather see Hallowicked get a shot more than UltraMantis. Personally I'd like to see UM get a shot sometime this season.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I like the idea of UltraMantis getting a shot. I've always enjoyed his character, and I actually wouldn't mind him seeing him beat Kingston & hold the belt for a bit. Maybe we'd get an UM Black vs. Delirious title match if that happens! :)
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

BTW10 wrote:
JustSkiff wrote:Also a Kingston/Green Ant title defense isn't the money defense. It doesn't really need to be built up. The money defenses are Hallowicked, Heel Jigsaw, and Quack.
I'm not sure if people would rather see Hallowicked get a shot more than UltraMantis. Personally I'd like to see UM get a shot sometime this season.
Kingston's feud with Hallowicked was the best feud this company has ever done.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

A few matches announcements from CHIKARA

3.0 vs. The Devastation Corporation for the Campeonatos de Parejas will be on the March 8th Show in Tampa

Eddie Kingston vs. Green Ant for the Grand Championship and Archibald Peck vs. Tim Donst will be on the March 9th Show in Orlando
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Eddie Kingston vs. Amazing Kong has been announced for March 8th in Tampa
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Eddie Kingston vs. Amazing Kong has been announced for March 8th in Tampa
My God...
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BTW10 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Eddie Kingston vs. Amazing Kong has been announced for March 8th in Tampa
My God...
It was the uniqueness of never having been done before (the match up. They do men vs women regularly) I'm curious to see how it turns out, though I doubt I'll pay money for it.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DBSommer wrote:It was the uniqueness of never having been done before (the match up. They do men vs women regularly) I'm curious to see how it turns out, though I doubt I'll pay money for it.
I don't know if you took my post the wrong way. I'm genuinely surprised and ecstatic for this match. I don't think it'll be better than Eddie's match with Del Rey from last year, but it should be pretty damn awesome.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BTW10 wrote:
DBSommer wrote:It was the uniqueness of never having been done before (the match up. They do men vs women regularly) I'm curious to see how it turns out, though I doubt I'll pay money for it.
I don't know if you took my post the wrong way. I'm genuinely surprised and ecstatic for this match. I don't think it'll be better than Eddie's match with Del Rey from last year, but it should be pretty damn awesome.
I was just mentioning the necessity of emoticons with someone due to written words lacking the audio cues actual conversations have so you understand the meaning behind words that could be open to interpetation. So yes, I thought it was more complaint than ecstatic, but obviously I misinterpeted it. Sorry. :cry: