CHIKARA thread.

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Crossbones has been announced as the fourth member of UltraMantis Black's team with the fifth member TBA.

Also added to the iPPV are The Young Bucks defending the belts against 1-2-3 Kid & Marty Jannetty, and an Eight Man Tag featuring Mike Quackenbush, Fire Ant, Green Ant & assailANT vs. Jigsaw, Soldier Ant, The Shard & DeviANT.

Speaking of that Eight Man Tag, what exactly is the story behind that match?? I know Quakenbush has been showing his Rudo side against GEKIDO members in recent months, and that The Colony & The Swarm have been divided up as Trios thanks the Wink Vavasseur, but that's about all I know...
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Speaking of that Eight Man Tag, what exactly is the story behind that match?? I know Quakenbush has been showing his Rudo side against GEKIDO members in recent months, and that The Colony & The Swarm have been divided up as Trios thanks the Wink Vavasseur, but that's about all I know...
Quack wasn't showing his Rudo side as much as he was defending CHIKARA and making sure GEKIDO wouldn't hurt any of his guys. Which leads into the Jigsaw stuff where
Spoiler: show
at the last show, Jig finally turned on Quack after continuously trying to stop him from hurting GEKIDO after their matches for months. Looks like Jigsaw has been with GEKIDO for awhile.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BTW10 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Speaking of that Eight Man Tag, what exactly is the story behind that match?? I know Quakenbush has been showing his Rudo side against GEKIDO members in recent months, and that The Colony & The Swarm have been divided up as Trios thanks the Wink Vavasseur, but that's about all I know...
Quack wasn't showing his Rudo side as much as he was defending CHIKARA and making sure GEKIDO wouldn't hurt any of his guys. Which leads into the Jigsaw stuff where
Spoiler: show
at the last show, Jig finally turned on Quack after continuously trying to stop him from hurting GEKIDO after their matches for months. Looks like Jigsaw has been with GEKIDO for awhile.
I'll have to see what happened at the last show. Don't think it has come out yet...
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So CHIKARA is running Reseda, California in October 2013. Any change of seeing some PWG Talent appear? (I'm talking guys who are PWG exclusive like Willie Mack, TJ Perkins, SSB, RockNES Monsters, etc..., not the ROH Talent who wrestle for PWG)
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So CHIKARA is running Reseda, California in October 2013. Any change of seeing some PWG Talent appear? (I'm talking guys who are PWG exclusive like Willie Mack, TJ Perkins, SSB, RockNES Monsters, etc..., not the ROH Talent who wrestle for PWG)
Most likely not. This is what PWG posted on Twitter a few days ago.
We are not involved with any other promotions running in our area next year.
Since it's not a collaboration, I can only see The Bucks and MAYBE Super Smash Bros. being used. Think it'll be a CHIKARA oriented show with maybe 1 local wrestlers match.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

BTW10 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So CHIKARA is running Reseda, California in October 2013. Any change of seeing some PWG Talent appear? (I'm talking guys who are PWG exclusive like Willie Mack, TJ Perkins, SSB, RockNES Monsters, etc..., not the ROH Talent who wrestle for PWG)
Most likely not. This is what PWG posted on Twitter a few days ago.
We are not involved with any other promotions running in our area next year.
Since it's not a collaboration, I can only see The Bucks and MAYBE Super Smash Bros. being used. Think it'll be a CHIKARA oriented show with maybe 1 local wrestlers match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So here's what's been announced so far for the first two shows of 2013, plus NPWD:

CHIKARA's National Pro-Wrestling Day Match - Evening Card

-Los Ice Creams & FIST (Icarus & Chuck Taylor) vs. The Colony (Fire Ant & Green Ant) & 3.0

All The Agents and Superhuman Crew
Reading, PA 2/9/13

-Archibald Peck vs. Mr. Touchdown
-The Colony (Fire Ant & assailANT) vs. The Swarm (Soldier Ant & deviANT)
-Los Ice Creams vs. The Batiri
-3.0 & Gran Akuma vs. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks

While the Dawn is Breaking
Easton, PA 2/10/13

-Campeonatos de Parejas - 2/3 Falls - The Young Buck vs. 3.0
-CHIKARA Grand Champion Eddie Kingston vs. ROH World Champion Kevin Steen
-Team Frightening (Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & Frightmare) vs. Jigsaw, The Shard & DeviANT
-Young Lion's Cup - Mr. Touchdown vs. Saturyne
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

That's a great start to the season. I'm looking forward to all of those matches.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

I hope these odd-ball pairings come to an end soon. It's the same matches almost all the time.
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

You mean the Colony and the Swarm? If you saw the last season finale, it appears pretty sure that assailANT has been accepted as a full-fledged tecnico and part of the Colony; and Soldier Ant was kind of alienated and on the outs. It looks like a permanent switch, so that puts a new twist on things. Jigsaw is also now full-on rudo. There were a lot of twists in the finale, and there are good reasons for every one of those feuds continuing.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Midnight138 wrote:You mean the Colony and the Swarm? If you saw the last season finale, it appears pretty sure that assailANT has been accepted as a full-fledged tecnico and part of the Colony; and Soldier Ant was kind of alienated and on the outs. It looks like a permanent switch, so that puts a new twist on things. Jigsaw is also now full-on rudo. There were a lot of twists in the finale, and there are good reasons for every one of those feuds continuing.
Oh damn, haven't seen that show yet. Still on Zelda The Great (CHIKARA had way too many shows last year)
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

Sorry dude, hope I didn't spoil anything. I just figured you were up to speed. I wasn't too specific, anyway. :oops:
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Midnight138 wrote:Sorry dude, hope I didn't spoil anything. I just figured you were up to speed. I wasn't too specific, anyway. :oops:
It's cool. I honestly am one of the few who don't mind spoilers because most likely, I'll forget anyway lol
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Eddie Kingston vs. Green Ant has been added to the February 9th Show

Archibald Peck vs. Tim Donst has been added to the February 10th Show
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Hallowicked vs. Chuck Taylor has been announced for the February 9th Show
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Fire Ant/Green Ant/AssailANT vs. Icarus/Taylor/Dunkerton has been added to the February 10th Show.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Sugar Dunerton/Icarus vs. Jigsaw/The Shard has been added to the February 9th Show.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

All the Agents and Superhuman Crew Results
Fire Ant/AssailANT def deviANT/Soldier Ant after Soldier Ant walked out on deviANT

Dasher Hatfield def Delirious with a flash roll-up. Delirious destroys Hatfield after the match

The Batiri defeat Los Ice Creams, via top rope DDT

Frightmare def Ophidian thanks to a distraction by Amasis

Jigsaw and The Shard def F.I.S.T. (Sugar Dunkerton/Icarus) earning a point via Double stomp off the top from Jigsaw to Sugar

Non title:Green Ant def Grand Champion Eddie Kingston via Texas Cloverleaf

Kevin Steen tried to interfere, Wink got in the way & got decked by Kingston causing the DOF to make tomorrow’s match for the belt.

Young Bucks & Kevin Steen defeat 3.0 & Gran Akuma via Package Piledriver/More Bang For Your Buck combo

Hallowicked defeated Chuck Taylor

Tim Donst out for interview. He turns on Jakob Hammermier and proceeds to cut his hair

NO DQ match: Archibald Peck beat “Mr. Touchdown” Mark Angelosetti
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

While the Dawn is Breaking Results
YLC Title: Mr. Touchdown def Saturyne via suplex cutter

Jakob Hammermeier def Akuma via tripping Akuma off the top rope and covering him. Yes, you read that correctly.

Wink promo in the ring with Soldier Ant. Promises a leadership role of some type. This to be continued in Tampa, FL

Archibald Peck def Donst via DQ when Donst low blows him and leaves with Veronica. There was a post match promo by Donst.

Trios match is up FIST vs Colony

The Colony def FIST when assailANT submits Dunkerton via the cloverleaf chikara special. After the match, Sugar pleads with @Hatfield to get back together but Dasher takes offense to his comments about Mr. Touchdown

Kobald def Dasher Hatfield with interference from Delirious

Jigsaw, deviANT, Shard def Mike Quackenbusch, Hallowicked, Frightmare when Jigsaw and Shard hit a spike jig n tonic on Frightmare

Grand Championship: Eddie Kingston def Kevin Steen via Backfist to the back of Steen’s head
Steen and Kingston came out fighting from the back. Wink was reluctant to give him the belt.
Green Ant came out after wanting a title shot and he will get it March 9th in Orlando, FL

Ophidian went after some fans in Amasis masks and them Amasis showed up. Delirious had to hold the snake back.

Campeonatos de Parejas: 3.0 def Young Bucks to win the titles!
Bucks win first fall via roll up on Matthews after a super kick
3.0 get next pinfall via Sweet Taste o’ Professionalism on Nick
Matthews puts the Boston Crab on Matt and we have NEW CHAMPIONS
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

It's a shame the Bucks are done in the promotion. Also, Green Ant getting a Grand Championship match is laughable.