CHIKARA thread.

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Big Red Machine

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by Big Red Machine »

JTCole wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Does anyone know if we've ever gotten any answers about the whole Titor thing and that mysterious picture that Sabato had of Wink's father, etc. etc.?
Nothing concrete no, unless I missed some insane detail but honestly I didn't care that much.
That's... extremely frustrating at this point.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote:
JTCole wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Does anyone know if we've ever gotten any answers about the whole Titor thing and that mysterious picture that Sabato had of Wink's father, etc. etc.?
Nothing concrete no, unless I missed some insane detail but honestly I didn't care that much.
That's... extremely frustrating at this point.
I think part of that stuff was the buildup for Deucalion, but that's all I can remember at this point.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For those who missed it, CHIKARA recently ran their season finale shows in Chicago. One of the shows featured, in the main event, Amasis vs. Frightmare in a Lucha de Apuesta Mask vs. Mask Match. Amasis lost, and was forced to unmask. He's apparently done with CHIKARA, and will now be working on the independents under his real name, DeSean Pratt (he's already changed his Twitter handle).
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:For those who missed it, CHIKARA recently ran their season finale shows in Chicago. One of the shows featured, in the main event, Amasis vs. Frightmare in a Lucha de Apuesta Mask vs. Mask Match. Amasis lost, and was forced to unmask. He's apparently done with CHIKARA, and will now be working on the independents under his real name, DeSean Pratt (he's already changed his Twitter handle).
Going to be fun to see where he pops up
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Kevin Ford's Top 10 matches of 2016
http://www.pwponderings.com/2016/12/30/ ... s-of-2016/

Be sure to follow him at @KFORD13 or CHIKARA SPECIAL

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So try to wrap your head around this one....

Apparently, CHIKARA taped an ENTIRE SEASON in advance. So basically, Season 18 is occurring right now, but Season 17 was taped in complete secrecy, and is going to be available on CHIKARA's streaming service (CHIKARAtopia) shortly.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I think at this point Quack is out of ideas (the lack of a single good or interesting character to come out of the WrestleFactory in quite a while is evidence of that), so he just does sh*t like this or like the girl power stuff last year or like putting outsider teams on top at King of Trios just to try to get attention. He's jumped the shark.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I'm sure Jim Cornette hates this guy. I think its awesome if you can think outside the box if you look at how wrestling can be presented.

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1921 ... ottonbelly
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Excellent article. Thanks for linking it, Mojo. Guys like Jervis show that truly any character can succeed in wrestling: even a non-violent, caring, kind, cowardly one.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So CHIKARA has this really cool tournament going on today: