The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Leo C

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by Leo C »

Maybe they want to work the Curb Stomp as they do with Orton's Punt Kick, you know. Make it a move that puts people on the shelf. I wouldn't do it, but it's better than banning it, I guess.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

What exactly would have been the reason for them banning it? As in, anything that happened that suddenly had them make that decision?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

jordidebaas wrote:What exactly would have been the reason for them banning it? As in, anything that happened that suddenly had them make that decision?
I don't think there was a particular event, no one got hurt or anything, probably just a result of this growing concussion concern, I guess. Although I really don't see the point when he never hurt anyone with it.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Leo.......... [cornette]

Sup man?
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

Sandy Fork wrote:Leo.......... [cornette]

Sup man?
Hi Stoppy. Just decided to come here and mark out for ROH a bit because it's ROH/NJPW time of the year, so.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

If I were a writer, I would play off the "RKO banned at Extreme Rules" stipulation. Orton starts curb-stomping everyone and Rollins gets pissed and bans it in a knee jerk reaction.
Or, Orton loses extreme rules due in part to the RKO ban so gives Rollins a taste of his own medicine and demands a stipulation that if Rollins loses his next match, the curb stomp is banned.

That way the move is "banned" and but Rollins can still pull it out occasionally in No DQ matches or non-match attacks and it will be portrayed as an extra devastating/dangerous move.
boourns

Post by boourns »

What if Summerslam had Rollins vs. Brock. Reigns comes in and screws Brock out of the title and turns heel. Reings somehow wins the title soon after, maybe in a 3-way, or by turning Rollins face and beating him one-on-one to eventually set up Brock vs. Reigns II at WM 32 where Brock wins and becomes super-duper next Steve Austin level face.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

They view Reigns as their future. Brock is 37. See the problem with your scenario?
boourns

Post by boourns »

They just signed Brock for three years, pinned Reigns in a triple threat scenario in the biggest match of the year, and made Brock go out like a badass in his last appearance.

So no, I don't.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Going into the 4/25 Extreme Rules PPV show in Chicago, the WWE has been vague about Daniel Bryan and his condition, which dates back a week ago when he was announced as being pulled from the remainder of the European tour after the 4/14 tapings in London.

He had been working six-man tags and wasn’t doing much in any of his matches since the tour started.

We were told that Bryan was injured on 3/31 in his match with Sheamus at the Smackdown tapings in Fresno. Bryan was banged up and also bloodied up, and there was criticism of Sheamus in the match. PW Insider reported the injury taking place on 4/9 in Dublin, although that may have aggravated problems since the vague injury, the term “banged up” being used, was the term we were told after the Sheamus match and when the tour started. The scheduled Bryan vs. Barrett matches were turned into trios matches from the start of the European tour and he was in the ring very little in those matches.

There were reports from talent that he suffered a concussion, which the company denied, although nothing has been said about what his injuries were or how long he’ll be out of action. The belief is that it will be a few more weeks. One company source gave the time frame as five weeks, but officially the company had not stated anything regarding even whether he would be wrestling on Sunday or not.

It’s a weird deal because if WWE knows a time frame, they are not saying. Bryan did not appear on Raw or Smackdown, even for an interview segment. They did mention that the match with Barrett for Sunday’s show was in jeopardy due to his condition, but have not outright pulled it from the show.

On Raw, he was never talked about, except when running down the PPV lineup when they brought up his IC title defense against Bad News Barrett. They acknowledged something was wrong with him and said it was unknown whether he’d be able to defend the title.

The next day it was announced that Bryan was undergoing diagnostic testing to see if he can defend the title.

One person who knew basically intimated that is was being kept a closely guarded secret and that banged up would be a nice, accurate but purposely vague way to put it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Spoiler: show
New matches booked for May house shows are Reigns vs. Kane and Ryback vs. Wyatt. Ryback is the mystery guy that Wyatt is talking about, at least as of today, talking about all the weighs he lifts and such. There’s nothing wrong with Reigns vs. Kane at house shows, but that means the plan (which changes weekly) would link them in a TV program, and that gives Reigns no momentum.
PeoplesChampion

Post by PeoplesChampion »

Thats WWE logic
we have a guy that sucks in ring lets put him with an old giant that sucks equally
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

boourns wrote:They just signed Brock for three years, pinned Reigns in a triple threat scenario in the biggest match of the year, and made Brock go out like a badass in his last appearance.

So no, I don't.
While still making Reigns look like a tank, as the only person in recent memory to be able to withstand Brock's onslaught.

They're still going with Reigns as the future. They're not sacrificing him for somebody who will be wrapping things up before the end of the decade.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

wwe is so lame right now...i dont understand the hype and the praise of wrestlemania...it was a good show but not the best of all time.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I don't think anyone ever said that...
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

jordidebaas wrote:I don't think anyone ever said that...
4 stars for lesnar vs reigns,rolllins vs orton..thats my complain..for me best match was the ladder match but nothing much else..it was a emotional and good show..of course,its wrestlemania but not one of the greatest of all time.

i feel bad for the nxt talents..wwe booking is awful.

i dont like reigns too much but my gawd...show and kane..poor guy
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

jordidebaas wrote:I don't think anyone ever said that...
Loads of people did. Even Dave Meltzer said it might be from watching it live, but then withdrew the comment after rewatching.

I thought it was a good, maybe even great show, probably a top ten 'Mania but top five would be a big push.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

The only WMs I've watched are 26 through 31 and it's certainly the best of that bunch, so it's something. But Raw has been so meh the last few weeks I've already quit watching anyway.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I think I might have preferred 26 to 31, and possibly 30 too.
boourns

Post by boourns »

It's such a different experience live, so I get where Meltzer is coming from. Being there live, 31 was a much better show than 30.

I have been live for 4 Lesnar matches in the last two years and he just delivers every time which is why I think the WM 31 main even was rated so high. The live crowd was going absolutely nuts for it, and I'd honestly put the whole scenario at ****3/4 from that perspective.