IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Thelone

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by Thelone »

THIS FUCKING COMPANY !

http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Thelone wrote:THIS FUCKING COMPANY !

"With these legal injunctions I cannot even appear on Impact this month."

Good thing there isn't any tapings planned anyway.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Right. Because legal storylines always work well in wrestling. Maybe Ethan will hire those lawyers that Steen used in 2011.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

Unprecedented levels of genius booking.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

The World Title Series will feature a format very similar to soccer’s World Cup, with thirty-two members of the IMPACT WRESTLING roster competing for the TNA World Championship. The wrestlers will be divided into eight groups to begin round-robin group play. Winners receive three points, a draw receives one point and a loss earns zero points. The top two point-getters from each group will advance to the field of 16 and a single elimination tournament where the competitor who wins advances and the loser goes home. The ultimate winner of the World Title Series will have survived the most grueling test in the history of wrestling and will be crowned the true and undisputed TNA World Champion. The complete World Title Series will broadcast weekly on Wednesdays on Destination America at 9e/p. The show will feature advancements in the presentation of professional wrestling offering new features like a virtual set where hosts Josh Mathews and Pope will update viewers on the World Title Series leaderboard, incorporate social media interactions from fans and wrestlers, and make predictions. After the matches, cameras are waiting backstage to capture instant reactions from the competitors leaving the ring.
Does TNA even have 32 wrestlers? And where the fuck are they even taping this nonsense?

Edit: Ah, seems like they've already taped a chunk of the whole tourney.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For some reason, when I heard about this, I immediately thought of the World Title Tournament that WCW held in late 1999/early 2000 that sounded really convoluted.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:For some reason, when I heard about this, I immediately thought of the World Title Tournament that WCW held in late 1999/early 2000 that sounded really convoluted.
Pretty sure that tourney was all single elimination but a few of the beaten wrestlers appeared twice because Vince Russo can't book for shit by himself.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

You know, I might actually buy the fact that "this was the plan all along" looking at those 5643 matches they taped.
Spoiler: show
* Drew Galloway defeats Bram
* Drew Galloway defeats Grado
* Drew Galloway defeats Rockstar Spud
* Bram defeats Rockstar Spud + Rockstar Spud defeats Bram (?)
* Bram defeats Grado
Missing : Grado vs. Spud

Q : Galloway & Bram (?)

* Matt Hardy defeats Davey Richards
* Matt Hardy defeats Eddie Edwards
* Matt Hardy defeats Robbie E
* Robbie E defeats Eddie Edwards
* Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards – Time Limit Draw
* Davey Richards defeats Robbie E

Q : Matt Hardy & Davey Richards

* Awesome Kong defeats Madison Rayne
* Brooke defeats Gail Kim
* Gail Kim defeats Awesome Kong
* Gail Kim defeats Madison Rayne
* Awesome Kong defeats Brooke
* Madison Rayne defeats Brooke

Q : Awesome Kong & Gail Kim

* Kenny King defeats Aiden O’Shea
* Aiden O’Shea defeats Crazzy Steve
* Mahabali Shera defeats Aiden O’Shea
* Mahabali Shera defeats Crazzy Steve
* Mahabali Shera defeats Kenny King
* Kenny King defeats Crazzy Steve

Q : Mahabali Shera & Kenny King

* DJ Z defeats Tigre Uno
* Tigre Uno defeats Mandrews
* Manik defeats DJ Z
* Manik defeats Mandrews
* DJ Z defeats Mandrews
* Tigre Uno defeats Manik
* DJ Z defeats Manik and Tigre Uno

Q : DJ Z & Tigre Uno

* Bobby Roode defeats James Storm
* Eric Young defeats Bobby Roode
* Eric Young defeats James Storm
* Bobby Roode defeats Abyss
* James Storm defeats Abyss
Missing : Abyss vs. Young

Q : Bobby Roode & Eric Young

* Austin Aries vs. Ethan Carter III (w/Tyrus) – Time Limit Draw
* Ethan Carter III (w/Tyrus) defeats Mr. Anderson
* Austin Aries defeats Mr. Anderson
* Lashley defeats Mr. Anderson
* Lashley defeats Austin Aries
* Ethan Carter III defeats Lashley

Q : EC3 & Lashley

* Eli Drake defeats Jessie Godderz
* Micah defeats Crimson
* Jessie Godderz defeats Crimson
* Jessie Godderz defeats Micah
* Eli Drake defeats Crimson
Missing : Drake vs. Micah

Q : Eli Drake & Jessie Godderz
They have stuff that could be second round matches, but they're iffy at best and don't make much sense (shocking I know).
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

So their plan was for Matt Hardy to win the World title in the "big" show and immediately surrender it? Fascinating.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Leo C wrote:So their plan was for Matt Hardy to win the World title in the "big" show and immediately surrender it? Fascinating.
Well what else could they do really if they have no live TV in the coming weeks.

Still laughable of course.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Leo C wrote:So their plan was for Matt Hardy to win the World title in the "big" show and immediately surrender it? Fascinating.
To be fair, that's probably giving them too much credit to think that this was their big plan all along, but they obviously taped this undercover tournament (well, first round and some second round matches) just in case.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Credit where it's due, the Impact episode that started this whole tourney was actually decent.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

JTCole wrote:Credit where it's due, the Impact episode that started this whole tourney was actually decent.
Aside from the part where there was absolutely no explanation for why Aries was allowed to wrestle (Or why Rosita was there with him. Or why her name was suddenly Thea Trinidad instead of Rosita).
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The fact that I'm not even bothering to LOL at this federation anymore should speak volumes to the rest of you. This federation has reached total irrelevance and is no longer deserving of any substantial attention. My plan to pinpoint every single LOLTNA moment in history upon the company's inevitable death is being cancelled, as life is too short to waste time on a company that has so rarely respected both its workforce and customers, especially when considering the options just in wrestling, TV, and entertainment alone that are a better use of one's time.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

The fact that they aren't having a tournament because the title was vacated, but rather more likely that they vacated the World Championship just so they could do a tournament is so backwards thinking it's baffling. But then again, not really considering it's TNA.

In any case I actually like the World Title Series concept. It sounds like it could be pretty cool if executed well. I had actually come up with a very similar idea for ROH when their title was vacated, doing a round robin with the best wrestlers in different companies all over the world and then taking the top 8 into an elimination bracket on ROH shows.

Intriguing and exciting that the Knockouts will be participating as well.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

TNA has cancelled its "Hardcore Halloween" house show tour that was set to run between October 29 and November 1, according to a report from F4WOnline.com. The show on 10/30 was set to be a "One Night Only" pay-per-view taping, and all four events are still listed on the official TNA website as of this evening.
EVERYTHING IS FINE
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So TNA's India Tour will be running December 2nd through December 4th, and The Great Khali will be working on those shows. He was at TNA's Press Conference in India announcing the shows, and apparently, he & John Gaburick will be searching for another Indian wrestler to join Mahabali Shera on the TNA roster.

Also, per John Gaburick, TNA has officially reinstated Bram to the TNA roster.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
TNA is looking into booking the Manhattan Center for TV tapings next year, which is a surprise given the expense of having to promote it in the New York market and the difficulty they had selling tickets to multiple dates the last time they came. And that was when the product was a lot more visible than it is now, and with bigger stars. As far as talent goes, they haven't even gotten any hints of anything except for the three days in India and the three days in the U.K.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

TNA has reached out to Goldberg. Because hiring Hogan and Bischoff worked so well.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So TNA's website has been replaced with a weird countdown clock. Right now it's down to less than two hours until....something happens?