IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by supersonic »

GAME-CHANGING.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'm pretty sure they just went "Oh shit, King of the Mountain needs something to hang up doesn't it?"
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So sportingnews.com, which posted the story shared on the previous page of this thread by supersonic regarding more pay issues, is now reporting that James Storm is done with the company.

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/story ... ndo-magnus

To add onto that, I've seen a number of reports attributed to Dave Meltzer & The Wrestling Observer that Magnus is also done with TNA, and will be going to Global Force Wrestling.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

King of the Mountain Championship sounds like the worst idea ever, if its always decided in a KotM match

re-christen it the GFW World Title and maybe something's doing
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

After reading the spoilers for the next few weeks and people leaving the sinking ship en masse, I have no hope for this promotion anymore. They're fucked and I'm pretty sure GFW will take Impact's time slot on DA and whoever is worthwhile on TNA's roster.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I´m not really following TNA or GFW, but I´m predicting that Jarrett wins the KOTM title, and that the plan was never for it to be a TNA title, but a GFW title
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

PWInsider had this to say on the recent releases:
As reported earlier on the site, James Storm’s contract with TNA ends tomorrow after Slammiversary, as does that of Magnus. In the case of both men, they went to TNA management and asked to be let out of their deals due to the fact that TNA runs far fewer shows than they have in the past, meaning they are making a lot less money.

Storm and Magnus have opportunities to work in other places and both wanted to be able to do so and make money for their families. To their credit, TNA management understood the new reality that the company faces, as less shows equal less money for the talents, and they let both men out of their deals. At this point, TNA is largely a wrestling company that produces a TV show as opposed to a full on wrestling company that does live events as well, and they are changing the way that they operate to reflect the new reality of what their business is.

The current plan is to have both men come back and work the tapings and be members of the promotion’s TV shows, while being able to find other work to supplement their TNA work. Obviously, if WWE wanted to make a run at either man, they could do so and TNA realizes that. They decided to take the risk of that happening due to the respect that they have for both men. I applaud them for that. They didn’t have to let them out of their deals but they did the right thing as the circumstances around the company changed since the contracts were put in place.

Austin Aries will also see his contract expire after tomorrow’s show so he will be in the same situation as the men above. TNA also wants to work with him in the future.

Given the changing landscape of their business, TNA is adjusting their view on how they will promote themselves going forward. They showed that last week when they brought Jeff Jarrett in to Impact and signed him to compete at tomorrow’s Slammiversary PPV. From what we have been told, TNA is very open to working with Jarrett and his Global Force Wrestling promotion going forward. I fully expect Storm and company to at least be considered for their shows. This is a change from just a month or so ago when TNA stopped Tyrus from working for GFW.

Going forward I expect more events like this to happen. TNA doesn’t have the revenue it once had so it is not in a position to guarantee many contracts. I expect they will keep control of people like EC3, Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy. Beyond that, I think they will be open to doing for people what they did for Storm and Magnus. It will be up to the talent to understand if they are better off keeping their contract or trying to go out and make it on their own.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

if TNA guys can work indys now anyways what is the big deal of getting out of their contracts unless they were to get picked up full time by someone else?
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Getting out of their contracts allows them to work not just indies but televised companies as well. There wouldn't be anything stopping, for example, James Storm from working an ROH PPV while continuing to work for TNA
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

NXT now bringing in non-contract guys and girls is probably a factor as well.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Major Spoiler from tonight's TV Tapings regarding the future of Austin Aries...
Spoiler: show
Austin Aries lost a match to Rockstar Spud at tonight's TV Tapings. The stipulations were that if Aries lost, he would have to leave TNA, but if Aries had won, then he got to take the "Rockstar" from Rockstar Spud's name.
Let the speculation commence!!

Also, a nugget regarding Kurt Angle...
Spoiler: show
Apparently, Angle announced that he has a tumor in his neck and will need to take time off for surgery.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Low Ki, Storm, Magnus, Aries in what, 3 days?

At least I'm slightly more optimistic that it's angle-mania, but I dunno..
Recall

Post by Recall »

In your honour.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

IchaelMelgin wrote:Low Ki, Storm, Magnus, Aries in what, 3 days?

At least I'm slightly more optimistic that it's angle-mania, but I dunno..
The theory is TNA is all but eliminating standard wrestling contracts because they can't afford them. The only under contract people would be the top guys like EC3 and Hardy.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

It looks like TNA is going out of business . They are not renewing contracts because they will be closed by the end of the year. I would imagine they are trying to get some money for the remains of the promotion . They must be trying to get Jarrett to broker a deal with Toby Keith or someone else who has capital. Keith might buy TNA at a fire sale price , far less than what he offered the Carters in the past.
SeanWrestling

Post by SeanWrestling »

Listen, as much as I love TNA (it's been my favorite wrestling company since '07 though admittedly nowhere near as good as it once was), it's a dead horse at this point, which sucks because I don't think there's ever been a promotion with so much potential and promise who didn't even come close to living up to either. With that being said, I would never wish death on any wrestling company (and anyone who does is stupid as you're basically wishing unemployment for all of it's staff) but at this point TNA is like a brain dead hospital patient on life support whose organs are only getting worse. You can sit and watch them wither away, or put them out their misery and pull the plug. And I say pull the plug and let GFW take over as the new TNA (a wrestling company with so much promise, potential, and enough exposure to be legit competition to the E someday, something TNA once was). I mean they pretty much have all the same faces and was even started by the same guy who started TNA. Basically I see GFW as a snake who shedded it's old skin (TNA) because that old skin was was being taken over by parasites who came in and ate at it until it was dead and useless (Hogan and countless others). I never thought I would be ok with TNA going out of business but with GFW potentially stepping in and taking it's spot and a lot of it's talent and potentially using them the way they should be used, I have no problem with it now. But I still hold out hope for TNA if the right person was to just come in and buy it and rebuilded it from the ground up. Idk if Toby Keith is the right man but at this point, I think pretty anyone can run that company better than whose been running it for the past 5 and a half years. And if not, here's hoping GFW succeeds where TNA failed.
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

TNA should have closed its doors a year ago.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Apparently there are also rumors that BOTH Awesome Kong & Taryn Terrell are going to be done with TNA after tonight.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Rumours about Taryn of the Dollhouse and Awesome Kong leaving too. One of the few positives TNA had left was at least they had a mildly better womens div than WWE
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

According to both of their twitters, that is false.