Looking for these 2013 shows:

This is the place to sell/trade any of your old ROH DVDs.
Forum rules
- Any trades/sales here are completely between the two parties involved
- ROHWorld.com will not act as a middle man in any disputes
- There is a 20 posts minimum for this forum
- Full rules can be found here
Montana

Looking for these 2013 shows:

Post by Montana »

I'm looking for the following titles :

A night of hoopla
Charm City Challenge

Looking to pay around 12$ per DVD delivered.

Let me know if you have any of these titles available.

Thanks
Last edited by Montana on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Re: Looking for these 2013 shows:

Post by Mattxx87 »

Unless trolling, you might want to reconsider your offer for shows that for the most part, aren't even a year old, and some aren't even a couple months old. You might find someone who is EXTREMELY generous who watched something once and wants to recoup 50% of their money, but, for all intents and purposes, people paid either $15 or $20 for these DVDs when they came out, barring Black Friday sales. I know I personally wouldn't sell 11YA or Pursuit Night 1 for $10 shipped (I don't own any of the others on DVD). Good luck though.
Kabla

Post by Kabla »

Mattxx87 wrote:You might find someone who is EXTREMELY generous who watched something once and wants to recoup 50% of their money, but, for all intents and purposes, people paid either $15 or $20 for these DVDs when they came out, barring Black Friday sales
Less, actually. At $10 shipped, at least $3 would go straight towards postage cost, plus the cost of packaging. The seller would really only be making back $5-$6 on a $20 DVD. Sure, you might get someone who is in a hurry to dump these off as quickly as possible, but I'd take my chances on eBay before I'd sell them that low.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Thanks for the advice....

1) First of all, I hope nobody pays 20$ for a DVD in the year 2014.
2) DVD's only cost 15$ brand new at ROH live shows.
3) I'd prefer to buy them in lots, rather than being shipped one by one. Doesn't make sense for the buyer/seller. As you pointed out. Let's say you sold me 5 used DVD's for 50$, you'd only being paying like 5$ in shipping total, thus at the end of the day you'd be getting like 9$ per show with minimal transaction fee's (.03% paypal fee). So your really not paying that 3$ shipped fee's on each DVD if selling more than 1.
4) I said in my request, I was looking to pay "AROUND" 10$... meaning depending on the lot size/how new the shows are... I may be willing to pay more. I understand that Final Battle 2013 sells for more than a Jan 2013 ROH DVD. I understand some of these shows are newer than others.
5) I don't think it's that unreasonable offering to pay 66% or 2/3's of the price of a brand new DVD, for a used DVD. I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head to sell these to me.

I'm open to offer's... if anyone would like to sell these shows.

Thanks
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Montana wrote:Thanks for the advice....

1) First of all, I hope nobody pays 20$ for a DVD in the year 2014.
2) DVD's only cost 15$ brand new at ROH live shows.
3) I'd prefer to buy them in lots, rather than being shipped one by one. Doesn't make sense for the buyer/seller. As you pointed out. Let's say you sold me 5 used DVD's for 50$, you'd only being paying like 5$ in shipping total, thus at the end of the day you'd be getting like 9$ per show with minimal transaction fee's (.03% paypal fee). So your really not paying that 3$ shipped fee's on each DVD if selling more than 1.
4) I said in my request, I was looking to pay "AROUND" 10$... meaning depending on the lot size/how new the shows are... I may be willing to pay more. I understand that Final Battle 2013 sells for more than a Jan 2013 ROH DVD. I understand some of these shows are newer than others.
5) I don't think it's that unreasonable offering to pay 66% or 2/3's of the price of a brand new DVD, for a used DVD. I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head to sell these to me.

I'm open to offer's... if anyone would like to sell these shows.

Thanks
All fantastic points. I'm in the same boat as you in terms of trying to buy in lots, you can ask all the people I've done business with since January. But, I haven't ever bought anything new. Best DVDs I got from a private transaction here were Better Than Our Best, and DBD VIII (Apologies if I'm forgetting one or two to all you generous people out there). Which still hold their weight quite well in the open market.

As for paying $20 for a new DVD, aren't new DVDs on ROHWrestling.com, $19.99? Coveted shows like 11YA and Final Battle 2012 are $17.99, and anything below that tier drops to $14.99 (Showdown in the Sun), and $9.99. So unless you bought the VOD package and paid $15 flat (I view that package as $10 for the VOD, and $15 for the DVD by the way), then you wait and pay at least $15 if not $20 from the website. Not to mention the ABSURD cost of $5.95, 7.95, or 9.95 for shipping and handling.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Right, I guess ultimately it comes down to the DVD price and shipping is way too much for this day and age. I always tried to buy DVD's direct from ROH, and supporting the company, but I just can't justify 26$ for one brand DVD to my door. I think it was about the time the subscription idea came about maybe 2010... and i was like this is a great idea! BUT when I did the math, you really only saved a couple dollars per DVD in the long run, and thought ROH could do much better, if your committing to buying every show from the company. Then when it turned to a Ringside Membership... again, being a long - time ROH fan, you don't really get as much benefit as a new fan, b/c i already own a majority of the older material.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

May have some of these depending on what I pick up in NOLA and isn't worth keeping.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Awesome... have fun at the shows!

Going to ROH + WM? Any others?

Let me know... Appreciate it.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Again, i'm open to any offers on these.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Updated List, Thanks Supersonic!
Montana

Post by Montana »

Still looking for these titles if anyone has any of these. PM me.

Thanks
MythRush

Post by MythRush »

i have 11 ann and bitw 13, id do 28 for both.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Thanks again myth rush.

Last call for these. Anyone looking to sell?
MythRush

Post by MythRush »

no problem, i have supercard of honor i would do for 12.50 and ship tommrow, let me
know, thanks
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yes, that sounds good. I'll send the money.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Down to 2!!! Looking for Charm City Challenge and Night of Hoopla. Can anyone out there give me a hand?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Looking For:

A night of hoopla
Charm City Challenge

Any show after War of the Worlds

Will pay 15$ EA delivered.